built short block destroyed by laundry detergent. wtf ?

mnracer550

Sep 15, 2010
Duluth, Minnesota
So its kind of a long story but ill share anyways, Im 20 years old and live in a house with 3 other friends and 2 random guys (6 guys total) on a college campus in minnesota. One of my roommates is a 3000gt enthusiast and has been building a 3.7 stroker engine using some jdm 3.5 block for about a year, slowly saving money to do everything perfect. anyways late December he finally got the long block assembled and left it in our basement on a stand until after winter break so we could install it. heres where everything gets shitty, our 2 random roommates had a huge newyears eve party while everyone else was gona and some asshole decided to pour laundry detergent down the spark plug holes. needless to to say my buddy with the engine in furious. upon disassemble we found that the detergent had started corroding away at the cylinder ways and stained most of the internals. roommate just got back from the engine builder tonight who said hes gonna try and hone the block but doesn't think it will be enough to get through all the corrosion. worst part is that the block is already .040 over- the max safe limit. so now its lookin like he needs to magically find another 3.5 block i wanna say 6g76? what would u guys do? obviously the guys dont have the 2gs at least for a new block and machine work. ill post some pics in a bit

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
bad in deed this why I leav my plugs in helps to keep a motor clean and nothign get's in

but if he took the plug out then beat his ass down

mnracer550

Sep 15, 2010
Duluth, Minnesota
as much as we would love too, we r gonna be living with them for 6 more months. would prob cause more problems. so far the engine is back at the machine shop. gonna cost 650+ for it to be disassembled, completely cleaned, honed, and resembled. with no promises that the honing is gonna be able to get rid of the issues. who purposely fucks a built engine anyways? i would have at least understood why if the guy would have somehow stole it.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Sounds like it's way past time to set some ground rules on partying. I only invite people I trust into my home, people I know, because shit like this happens. Sorry to hear man.

Albert

Custom CT26, CT12a, CT20 upgrades
May 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
In Arizona, the guy would already be burried in the desert somewhere.

I kid I kid lol

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
The bill gets sent directly to the other roommates.

I'd also check with renters insurance. Report it as vandalism. The other roommates should be responsible for their guests. As a recent college grad with parties and such, everyone has to be responsible for their guests.

If its a few thousand, is take them to court. Make sure you guys are documenting this extremely well. Many many hundreds of photos. Literally.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk