Building my Dream 1jz supra :)

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
So is that old guy "you " :) j/k
Looks good man. I think you should post pictures in a row and not side by side...its too huge... lol

The rear seal is fairly easy to change, but the tranny has to come off. Unbolt the cover and then change the seal.

mattjk

Permanent Ban
May 18, 2006
Huntington Beach
www.cardomain.com
wow, that tranny seal is bad LOL!

Good going on the hydrofan setup!

Looks like you have a v1 intake engine. Does your buue car have ABS? If so, you'll probably have to move the ABS line UP a bit, and possibly hammer the firewall. I guess you can do a test fit and see what happens. There is a bolt that hits the firewall on some of the v1 engines... mine hit :(

Did it hit on the white donor car?, you may be able to just replace the bolt with a low profile button head allen bolt. That should give you enough clearance.

Also, they did a fine job routing that wiring harness, and not extending it. I hope you're doing the same.

mattjk said:
wow, that tranny seal is bad LOL!

Good going on the hydrofan setup!

Looks like you have a v1 intake engine. Does your buue car have ABS? If so, you'll probably have to move the ABS line UP a bit, and possibly hammer the firewall. I guess you can do a test fit and see what happens. There is a bolt that hits the firewall on some of the v1 engines... mine hit :(

Did it hit on the white donor car?, you may be able to just replace the bolt with a low profile button head allen bolt. That should give you enough clearance.

Also, they did a fine job routing that wiring harness, and not extending it. I hope you're doing the same.

They did a super quick job. They just cut and extened some and others were left. They put no gromet on the firewall, so water could easily leak and wires could get cut. They also left a main bolt on the tranny out. Man, the list goes on and on! There were so many bad spots. The oil pressure was never connect, just cut off.

I do have abs ont he blue car. The white car had no problem clearing, but it also wasnt an abs car.

suprastanger507mgte said:
So is that old guy "you " :) j/k
Looks good man. I think you should post pictures in a row and not side by side...its too huge... lol

The rear seal is fairly easy to change, but the tranny has to come off. Unbolt the cover and then change the seal.

That was my dad, he dropped in to check out everything. Oh yeah, there arent any pix of me, i was taking them :) hehe:) I forgot that.

str8_6

master yuepeng
Mar 14, 2007
wa
1jz needs a fan? lol i daily drove my 1jz with no fan for almost 4 months and the temps never got past 190 degrees. just thought i'd share that bit of useless info, but nice to see more WA 1jz. keep up the good work!

are you planning on going to the toyota meet coming up or any other meet?

Rich

tunin' tha beast
Jun 2, 2007
the netherlands
viperkillertt said:
Well, after like 4 months of work, we got the wiring done! Here are pix from the adventure!

Well, there are only 6 more shielded wires to do, all others have been properly extended! :)
it only took us about 5.5 hours to do them. Justin is awesome with a soldering iron :)

A tip for the next one doing a loom extention; don't cut the wires all at the same place, you'll get a big hump in the loom which makes it more difficult to feed through the car, so spread the connections out over 15" or so.
The more important thing is that if you tape it up with the connections all at the same spot, the hard soldering pieces can rub together, going through the heatshrink and create a short circuit. I've seen it happen more than once. Also better to use at least the corresponding base colour for future fault finding, if ever needed.

Well, things are going slow, but they are going. I have spent all week working on getting the new elbow on and final pix of the wiring completion. here are the pix :)

So yeah, it is pretty exciting to have it apart, i believe that the turbos are in pretty good condition. I played with both and it feels like they have basically no shaft play and they look like they are in overall good condition. please comment on what you think.
I am going to go and get the new elbow on.
I found a cool kid to help me work on this. If there is anyone else in the spokane area that would like to assist in me finishing this job, please contact me, i have 3 weeks to finish before i go to grad school.
TTFN

Last edited:
Well, today went great! We got the front suspensions done on all 3 supras. Wow, what a difference. I just played with the front end after we put the newer struts, just an amazing difference. Well, here are the pix from the day.

The workshop

First Strut on. :)

Second side on. I really like these shocks.

Ready for liftoff

Flying Supra!

100k Miles vs 180k miles. BIG DIFFERENCE!!! :)

This is what people run into when they are doing the suspension job on a 1986.5 supra. Damn washer system!!! It worked out afterall.

Well, it was definately a productive day. I am very happy with the results. I look forward to finishing this setup. It should be done by the end of the week.