Budget boost build

taylor1987supra

Jan 19, 2013
Newfoundland
Hey everyone I'm in the middle of a 7mge turbo build. I have the engine out and at the machine shop where it's getting all new Bottom end. Here's a list of everything I have so far and for reference I'm going for around 400hp

Gte spec crank brand new
New main rod bearings
New forged rods
New turbo spec pistons
440cc turbo injectors
70mm turbo
11lb external wastgate
All new seals and gaskets
Arp head studs
Mild port exhaust
Afpr
New turbo oil pump
Egr delete
Wide band uego
Safc (5 knobb style)

I may be forgetting something but yah it's gonna be a well built motor running 11lb of boost. Opinions?

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
Holy hell, 70mm for 400 hp? For 400 rwhp, you'll need 550cc injectors as well. If you remove the EGR, you'll need to switch to the JDM ecu. Don't port the exhaust, you'll decrease the exhaust velocity thus increasing lag.

With a bigger turbo, you'll need to switch to a lex afm or MAFT pro or standalone. Don't forget the fuel mods.

Your turbo will barely be huffing at 11 PSI.

Sep 19, 2011
Des Moines, IA
IndigoMKII;1945128 said:
Holy hell, 70mm for 400 hp? For 400 rwhp, you'll need 550cc injectors as well. If you remove the EGR, you'll need to switch to the JDM ecu. Don't port the exhaust, you'll decrease the exhaust velocity thus increasing lag.

With a bigger turbo, you'll need to switch to a lex afm or MAFT pro or standalone. Don't forget the fuel mods.

Your turbo will barely be huffing at 11 PSI.

I ran my car on the USDM stock ecu without egr, and did not throw codes or have any problems. You don't need a JDM ecu. I believe the JDM ecu will throw the code.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
Sigh, removing the EGR will only throw a code if you have a CA car. It removes the cooling properties during cruising and can create a lean condition under light load conditions. The ECU is tuned to expect the extra exhaust gases so it doesn't add as much fuel to get more MPG.

Sep 19, 2011
Des Moines, IA
IndigoMKII;1945142 said:
Sigh, removing the EGR will only throw a code if you have a CA car. It removes the cooling properties during cruising and can create a lean condition under light load conditions. The ECU is tuned to expect the extra exhaust gases so it doesn't add as much fuel to get more MPG.

And that is why you always want to run a type of fuel management. It won't lean it out enough to matter IMO. Running a 15 AFR duering cruise is not far off from 14.7. Also it seems Toyota programmed the ecu's to run a bIt rich throught the map.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
emericaskater285;1945146 said:
And that is why you always want to run a type of fuel management. It won't lean it out enough to matter IMO. Running a 15 AFR duering cruise is not far off from 14.7. Also it seems Toyota programmed the ecu's to run a bIt rich throught the map.

Heh, what about the higher EGT under cruise? Along with the light pinging?

Imagine this, take 15% fuel out of your fuel map while under a light load climbing a long hill. Valves will start rattling and your EGT's will go nuts.

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?145214-7MGTE-egr-or-no-egr

taylor1987supra

Jan 19, 2013
Newfoundland
I have a fuel management system the safc can add up to 30% more fuel and in addition with the 440's and fpr should I be able to use the stock ecu for a few months ?

taylor1987supra

Jan 19, 2013
Newfoundland
okay so 400 is out. what will my setup offer me ? honestly i just want to scoot around, hear my bov, shred some tires, smoke some civics. all this with my stock NA ecu. until this winter where i can wire it into a standalone

88mk3supra

7M DEMON
May 23, 2009
Clayton,Ohio
Man for 400hp my 57 trim ct26 that I'm selling would do that and spool very quick! I have some 7m stuff for sale if you need anything! Good luck on your setup