Broken switch on seat - what's missing?

ZoomZoomZoom

On the road again..
Dec 9, 2007
KY
When I got my car back from repairs, I noticed the switch that reclines the seat was broken. Here's a pic of where the switch used to be, and a pic of the switch and possibly another piece that goes to it:

seat.jpg

switch2.jpg

I appear to be missing a piece. Maybe. I can't just put the switch cover back on, it won't stay. What's left of the switch itself doesn't recline the seat. I'm struggling to figure out if I can fix this. I'm not sure the black piece is part of the switch or not, I found it on the floorboard. Anyone knows how this is suppose to work? I checked with Allen here in town, and both his running cars and junk cars all have a big knob to recline the DS seat. Perhaps this seat was from a 91 or 92 car (?)

I want to re-upholster the car, and I got this seat because all the switches were intact and working. If I can't fix this switch, then I may have to try to find another DS seat...
:1zhelp:
thanks!

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
That part is for the incline and decline of the back of the seat. My 88,89,91 have all had.

What's the back side of the button cover look like?

Might be broken. But you could look for a good switch. There's a lot of seats out there that get junked that could have a good switch. Not totally sure if they can pop on or off. I've never tried to take one off before.

ZoomZoomZoom

On the road again..
Dec 9, 2007
KY
hvyman;2004861 said:
That part is for the incline and decline of the back of the seat. My 88,89,91 have all had.

What's the back side of the button cover look like?

Might be broken. But you could look for a good switch. There's a lot of seats out there that get junked that could have a good switch. Not totally sure if they can pop on or off. I've never tried to take one off before.

Sorry for the late response, here are pics:
sw1.JPG
sw2.JPG

I can understand the little cover getting knocked off, but I can't get figure out why whats left on the seat won't engage anymore..

I've never even tried to take the controls off a seat. I've either had good seats to begin with, or had an opportunity to replace the entire seat with another.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Does the seat work if you move the adjuster? If yes, I would try some water soluble adhesive. If you are planning on recovering the seats later I believe those have to come off to get to the seat covers/cushions. I could be wrong.

If it doesn't work now anyway, might as well see if you can take it apart.

ZoomZoomZoom

On the road again..
Dec 9, 2007
KY
Quin;2005470 said:
Does the seat work if you move the adjuster? If yes, I would try some water soluble adhesive. If you are planning on recovering the seats later I believe those have to come off to get to the seat covers/cushions. I could be wrong.

If it doesn't work now anyway, might as well see if you can take it apart.

No, it doesn't work if I move the adjuster. Thats whats got me stumped. It used to work. All the controls did.

Yea, I might as well tear it apart. Thats usually not too hard :)

ZoomZoomZoom

On the road again..
Dec 9, 2007
KY
Quin;2005677 said:
Probably a dumb question but you checked the fuse right? Sometimes its the little things. Lol

Well I assumed that all the seat switches would be on the same fuse, but will check it out..Never know..