Brian Crower 7M cams and ignition timing issue

BLACKCAT

May 24, 2007
BHG
3" turbo back exhaust, self ported head with stock valves,
shift kitted auto, stock injectors, no AFM.

Just noticed that the IT is showing -77 on the graph.
Dont know what affect this would have on the final figure, if any.

Will put it on a dyno again in around six weeks (at a different place) with different timing & minor cam adjustment.

Last edited:
May 18, 2007
Aarhus
Did you have issues getting the ignition right when advancing the exhaust cams to +4 ?

When I'm at +4 I can't get below 12 degrees base timing.

May 18, 2007
Aarhus
I think something is wrong with my set of cams. It was from the first batch. The car has never run well since they were installed.

Just bought a set of HKS cams.

fasttrac64

Jun 2, 2011
Tennessee
i bought a pair of these stage 2 brian crower cams and car idled rough and had hard time getting timing and car stalled on quick stops but after adjustable cam gears set on center pin intake at 5 deg and exh at 3 deg runs and pulls great and makes power with less effort and fuel took some playing with to find the sweet spot definately worth using adj gears

kwatso23

Jul 11, 2010
Mid north coast
Hi guys I have the BC 264 cams in my motor and I'm almost ready for dyno.
Just curious. What settings are you guys running your adjustable cam gears at and what pin are they set at in the cam?
Also what sort of figures have you reached?
Cheers

84 Toy

May 10, 2010
Amador county
fasttrac64;1720839 said:
i bought a pair of these stage 2 brian crower cams and car idled rough and had hard time getting timing and car stalled on quick stops but after adjustable cam gears set on center pin intake at 5 deg and exh at 3 deg runs and pulls great and makes power with less effort and fuel took some playing with to find the sweet spot definately worth using adj gears

Did you advance both cams or retard them?