Brakes locked up on last drift run ??

Northbaysupra

BAY AREA MKIII
Mar 19, 2010
Petaluma
Hey guys,

So I had my brakes lock up tonight on my last run at a Infinion Raceway here in northarn California .

Every one said its my brakle booster and that its bad, So i waited till they where cooled off and drove home

My question is

Is my brake booster bad or the caliper sticking because of pitting corrosion in the piston at the seal rub area.

Warlock1

Mar 13, 2012
Surprise, AZ
Could be bad brake lines as well. I have had the left front wheel lock up on two of my three Supras. It turned out both times as the rubber stock lines deteriorated to the point of collapsing internally and holding pressure on the caliper. A quick switch to SS and all is good.

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
Warlock1;1816486 said:
Could be bad brake lines as well. I have had the left front wheel lock up on two of my three Supras. It turned out both times as the rubber stock lines deteriorated to the point of collapsing internally and holding pressure on the caliper. A quick switch to SS and all is good.

I had the exact same thing happen to me only I went through with replacing the calipers before the lines and it ended up being the lines.

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
I had that issue(brakes locking up) when I mixed up a bottle of brake fluid with a bottle of power steering fluid... everything rubber was shot....

Sent from my C771

Last edited:

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
jdmfreak;1816546 said:
I had that issue(brakes locking up) when I mixed up a bottle of brake fluid with a bottle of power steering fluid... everything rubber was shot....

Sent from my C771

hope you don't have ABS...

Warlock1

Mar 13, 2012
Surprise, AZ
When you change the lines, empty the reservoir and clean it out to remove as much of the old fluid as possible and then flush the system entirely. If it looked anything like mine there was brown stuff where nice clean fluid was supposed to be. While your doing this and you have brake fluid in hand, you might as well do the clutch system as well.