brake upgrade...?

supra8903

Jan 12, 2006
Latham, NY
too much work... period

look at arz in the vendor section or search nextime.... they are the only way 2 go.... ill be geting a seat someday

800rwhpmkiii

Banned
Jan 24, 2008
West Side
i'm planning on putting MKIV TT brakes on my car. the stock brakes are horrible. i dont even think they could stop a metro

some one on here makes a kit to use the TT brakes on a mkiii

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
Sure... MkIV Brakes are better than MkIII brakes. But are they enough better to offset the cost?

Spend the money right the first time and do your brakes RIGHT! Give AZP a call and see what they can do for you.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
800rwhpmkiii;897670 said:
i'm planning on putting MKIV TT brakes on my car. the stock brakes are horrible. i dont even think they could stop a metro

some one on here makes a kit to use the TT brakes on a mkiii

Go back to rice town, fool.

bfr1992t

The quiet one
Oct 29, 2005
Ohio
The TT calipers are extremely heavy and the surface area of the pistons is too much for our master cylinder. Go with one of the 4 pot Wilwood kits or 6 pot for for even less surface area.

Andre

Feb 4, 2006
Netherlands
You can use 300 ZX calipers with brackets

nightpagerinstalled(Medium).JPG

The Wilwood Kit

CIMG6448_resize.JPG

The Brembo calipers with brackets

05.JPG

Mk4 TT calipers

45.jpg

46.jpg

And i think there is e few japanese site selling more brake kits for the Mk3

Greddy makes one bremo make a complete brake for the mark 3

And JBT is selling a kit for the Mk3 they sell 355 and 320 mm rotors (14 and 13 inch)

download.php

So make a choice :icon_bigg

Andre

Feb 4, 2006
Netherlands
For the brembo you must use costum brackets

And for the 300 ZX calipers you can use the nightpager brackets and there is a few people selling them are have a set to duplicate

I think the JBT is the real deal butt i don not know anything about the price for those kits

Check

Its look more sexy then the wilwood kit

p903568_1.jpg

cruisnhard

SM Member
Sep 27, 2007
Waupun, Wisconsin
I think I still like the willwood kit better as far as looks though. That is just me. I do like those JBT also though. How many pistons are they? and are the pistons on both sides or just one?

Andre

Feb 4, 2006
Netherlands
cruisnhard;904182 said:
I think I still like the willwood kit better as far as looks though. That is just me. I do like those JBT also though. How many pistons are they? and are the pistons on both sides or just one?

4 piston or 6 piston so both side just like the wilwoods

I do not know the price for the JBT so maybe the wilwood kit is a nice deal

O do not see the JBT listed on some website with price

Maybe the gone e be the sme price as rotora are something (not cheap)

cruisnhard

SM Member
Sep 27, 2007
Waupun, Wisconsin
I just looked at the picture again and duh, I am retarded. It is shaped to show the three pistons on this one side. Man am I retarded.

That is what I was thinking.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
Have you tried a set of GOOD pads and GOOD set of rotors? The OEM Rotor is 12''... which is pretty decent compared to A LOT of cars out there... Unless you have over 400HP or are tracking the car a lot, i dont see the need for some $1,000+ Kit...

Just my opinion...

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
meh, mkiv calipers on the front of an mk3 sets the wheel back in the wheel well, and it looks nasty. (unless said brackets were fabricated to fix that issue). i've seen pics, and was totally un-impressed.

DonS1mpson

Black Supramacist.
Mar 19, 2006
England!
Can anybody clarify if the braking system from a GTS-T will a supra with the night pager kit? They might not "look" sexy as those off a GTR, but from my own experience they are pretty damn good with a decent set of discs and pads and are dirt cheap comparison to the GTR system.