"brake support plate" rubbing against the inside of PS rotor

steveyblack

Jun 21, 2007
Nj
Hey SM, i have developed a problem within the last 2 weeks with my brakes being really squeeky. At first I thought that it was from the wear indicator but I took off the wheel and saw that I still have "some" pad left(15% life). I did see however that the brake support plate(see pic below) (I call it the caliper clips) was rubbing against the inside of the passenger brake rotor. I found that it doesnt squeak all the time, just during initial breaking (the second I feel the car slow down), turning, and some times going forward while turning. Just wondering what it could be? Wheel bearing problem? I check for play by hand and didnt feel any, however tomorrow im going to pull the wheel off again and do a full analysis.

cbbc9d98de431a0343beb55a5b797036.png

steveyblack

Jun 21, 2007
Nj
roadboy;1835805 said:
could they be aftermarket?

They are, but why would it give me problems on one side many months down the road? Like ive said ill be taking a better look at it tmro, hopefully its something very simple

Maple191

Mar 21, 2012
Toronto
They maybe comming off. Rust builds up underneath them, youll need to remove the pads and the saddles. Take off the clips sand them down on top and underneath them, and sand the saddles, put some copper slip on all sides, the saddles and the clips and even the pads. Reassemble problem should go away.