Brake pads

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
Yeah I went to NAPA to get their ceramic pads and there was no listing for an 87 and the parts guy was trying to convince me there was a difference. Just double checking.

Can anyone vouch for the PBR ceramic pads? I just noticed they are on sale at one of our vendors!

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
Never tried the PBR. I can say the SS ceramix from NAPA perform very well. It is the ones I run on my car. You really wanna be an ass to the guy at NAPA, go back and ask him why the base number on the pads are the same if there is really a difference. The explanation should be classic.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
I'm running pbr ultimates right now.....they squeel, very dusty, but god damn do they stop good! Make sure you go threw a bedding stage cause they don't stop worth a damn unless you get them hot as hell

Once they bed in they are wicked! If I had to do it all over again I would have chamfered the edges to help them not squeel...

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
aye mate;1080588 said:
Yeah I went to NAPA to get their ceramic pads and there was no listing for an 87 and the parts guy was trying to convince me there was a difference. Just double checking.

Can anyone vouch for the PBR ceramic pads? I just noticed they are on sale at one of our vendors!

yep Thats what i use on all my friends cars. I have a pretty good price on them.

they dont dust much, make little to no noise and last awile.

great daily driver pads!

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
gaboonviper85;1080798 said:
I'm running pbr ultimates right now.....they squeel, very dusty, but god damn do they stop good! Make sure you go threw a bedding stage cause they don't stop worth a damn unless you get them hot as hell

Once they bed in they are wicked! If I had to do it all over again I would have chamfered the edges to help them not squeel...

:scratch:

um, i have used these pads on probibly 8 different cars and never had this review.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
Ckanderson;1080941 said:
:scratch:

um, i have used these pads on probibly 8 different cars and never had this review.

well I bought them from you LOL remember...now you have a review...I love them but after install it was scary driveing around trying to find a safe place to bed them in...even says on the box to bed in!

But the hotter I got them the harder they grabbed for me...I'll definetly buy them again....even the brembo rotors I bought from you I degreased and cleaned with denatured alcohol before install!

Great pads but dirty as hell (just ask buckshotglass as he cleaned my sawblades for me!)...and they screech nonstop when lightly on the brakes.

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
gaboonviper85;1080951 said:
well I bought them from you LOL remember...now you have a review...I love them but after install it was scary driveing around trying to find a safe place to bed them in...even says on the box to bed in!

But the hotter I got them the harder they grabbed for me...I'll definetly buy them again....even the brembo rotors I bought from you I degreased and cleaned with denatured alcohol before install!

Great pads but dirty as hell (just ask buckshotglass as he cleaned my sawblades for me!)...and they screech nonstop when lightly on the brakes.

did you put antisieze on the back of the pads?

absolutly bed them in, that should be done with any pads.

thats good that they grab harder the hotter they get but when their cold they DO stop the car. A true race pad wont stop the car at ALL when cold, just saying that to clarify.

suprised they are dusting so much, are you using the brakes really hard?

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
Ckanderson;1080957 said:
did you put antisieze on the back of the pads?

absolutly bed them in, that should be done with any pads.

thats good that they grab harder the hotter they get but when their cold they DO stop the car. A true race pad wont stop the car at ALL when cold, just saying that to clarify.

suprised they are dusting so much, are you using the brakes really hard?

I'm no grandma behind the wheel but I'm not raceing either...so I'd say moderate...no I didn't put anything behind the pad as I figured that little soft pad that is stuck to the back of them as an anti squeel thing...maybe I should go do that cause bedding them cause that thing to blister up.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
I should make this clear....bran new out the box they suck balls PRE bed in,,,durring the bed in they grab harder and harder and once you are done they grab great all the time not just when hot....again great pads and I love them but just gotta clean the wheels more often

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
gaboonviper85;1080962 said:
I should make this clear....bran new out the box they suck balls PRE bed in,,,durring the bed in they grab harder and harder and once you are done they grab great all the time not just when hot....again great pads and I love them but just gotta clean the wheels more often

thanks for clarifying!

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
i bought the brembo rotors from a2motorsports....im happy with them and they arent that expensive....probably the best one could get without going big brake set up...they stop the car and have no problems at all.

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
Quin;1080988 said:
(Related but slightly OT) What about rotors, what do you guys recommend?

powerslots are great and are brembo blanks.

brembo's are fine

the OP parts rotors I sell are also fine, and are coated to prevent rust on the hat area.

I've used all three rotors with sucess. The nice part about the OP parts rotors is they are almost cheaper then taking your car to have the rotors turned, and you get new rotors.