brake light problems HELP please

spawntaker

1jz lover
Nov 15, 2008
Conroe,Tx
first did you check the bulbs? if the bulbs are good then check the tail fuse. and if thats ok then check to see if your getting the power to the tail brake light.

da89supra

Aug 14, 2010
memphis
i haved check all of theres just no power when i step on the brakes except for the spoiler light the 3rd light i think i might have a shortges some were in a wire

da89supra

Aug 14, 2010
memphis
ummm well i have another supra for parts same yr and everything change the little box that connects the tail light connectos that didnt work and also change the conectors and still same problem

SrBigbutt

Apr 26, 2009
Spring, TX
Did you get this figured out? I'm having the same problem. Hit a pot hole pretty hard and after that my tail light failure light lit up. Now only 3rd brake light works.

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
If you hit a pole and your lights were on and/or warm, then there's a good chance you're bulbs are just done. The filament gets increasingly fragile especially to sudden shock when it's on and heated up. The bulbs are dual filament for the brakes, so it's quite possible to have your "brake" light out while your "park" light still works and still it being a bad bulb.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
yeah, but all 4 of his bulbs? And he hit a hole, not a pole.
: )
Use a test light to determine where the electrical flow is stopping- befoer the fuse, after it, before the failure box, after it, etc.