Brake Light Problem, Help Please

Eric_Odie

Apr 17, 2005
Fremont, Ca.
www.cardomain.com
Well my battery died one day cause my car was sitting for about 1.5 months, well my lights were working fine until the day i jumped started my car with another battery but the same exact kind (from a friends supra). and after that my brake lights stopped working when i stepped on the brake. well i decided to put in brand new bulbs and a brand new stoplight switch, and tah dah! nothing works >_< can anyone help me.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
have u checked the button under the brake petal? maybe the petal isnt making it to the button but its stopping the car?

bluemax

The Family Man
Mar 30, 2005
Orange County, CA

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
check the lamp failure modual behind the drivers side brake light... my buddy just had this problem. no break lights. that was the problem.

bluemax

The Family Man
Mar 30, 2005
Orange County, CA
Yup......the light failure module could also be your problem.
But first, I'd check the fuse first and see that it has power. Then work your way aft in the car.

whiplash

Oct 8, 2005
Ottawa, ON
that's the same problem i just got over, had parking lights/driving lights, but no brake lights. I bought one of the modules off ebay for about $12 or so, and now everything's working fine.

Eric_Odie

Apr 17, 2005
Fremont, Ca.
www.cardomain.com
i went to Allied Auto today to get a quote but they didn't seem to know what i was talking about when i said 'Lamp Failure Module' and i told them how it was located behind the driverside brake light, but then they went in the back and looked in their books and they found some other module that is located in the glovebox area that also works along with the ABS system. what is the "P.C" haha name for the part? and is it that white box/harness looking thing, i just want to make sure, that's the only thing i see located by the driver side brake light.