brake fluid pissing out the tranny seal!!?

sweetlikechutny

Jul 3, 2005
Ontario
So I replaced the master and clutch cylinders in my car.. Now everytime I fill up the resovoir with brake fluid and press down and up the clutch the fluid drains and starts to piss out the tranny seal (what I think is the tranny seal anyhow..where the engine meets the tranny?).. I don't know whats the problem??

info:
The slave cylinder I pulled was jammed
Therre is no resistance in the clutch pedal (almost like a light switch)

any suggestions?

Thanks,

Neil

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Line to the slave cylinder is leaking, or the seals in the replacement cylinder are damaged.

sweetlikechutny

Jul 3, 2005
Ontario
line is 100%, damn...brand new cylinder. How do i check the cylinder? What am i looking for?

If brake fluid got into the tranny or clutch disc do I have to clean that now as well?

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
If this is on an R154, you better check that the slave cylinder rod is seated on the clutch fork, and hasn't shot out- if it did, that'd be why you're spilling brake fluid, and why you have no pedal resistance. PS- otherwise, make sure your bleed valve to the slave is CLOSED.

super.secret.supra.club

Supramania Contributor
Mar 22, 2007
San Diego, CA
there should be a round notch at the end of the clutch for the slave cylider rod to sit in. make sure that is in properly.

after replacing myslave with a new one i found my clutch pedal still without resistance. turns out the leak was coming from the line between the master and slave cylinder. called over to drift motion and the had a stainless steal line for $45. easy and reassuring fix. best mod ever.

ed.d.

sweetlikechutny

Jul 3, 2005
Ontario
definately no leak in the line, I will try this tonight.

Now that brake fluid has got inside.. are there any consequences?

Last edited:

super.secret.supra.club

Supramania Contributor
Mar 22, 2007
San Diego, CA
sweetlikechutny;1154063 said:
definately no leak in the line, I will try this tonight.

Now that brake fluid has got inside.. are there any consequences?

i never had anything to bad go with mine. as soon as the car stopped leaking i had my buddy step on the clutch while i sprayed brake cleaner on the clutch disk. once the oil was washed off it was good to go.

ed.d.

sweetlikechutny

Jul 3, 2005
Ontario
super.secret.supra.club;1154213 said:
i never had anything to bad go with mine. as soon as the car stopped leaking i had my buddy step on the clutch while i sprayed brake cleaner on the clutch disk. once the oil was washed off it was good to go.

ed.d.

is the clutch disc surface accessable without removing the tranny?

70dreams

MR.I GET IT DONE
Jul 17, 2007
New York, New York, United States
you said that you replaced the brake mastercyl? i just did the same thing- did u install the gasket behind the master cyl there are two types ther is a round one and there is a paper gasket that we usuall dont pay attn 2 what i did was call my boy at toyota with my vin and he gave me the pic with the type. But to be on the safe side i orderd both of them it cost me 5 dollars CHEAP INSURANCE and make sure everything is clean and tight

sweetlikechutny

Jul 3, 2005
Ontario
anyways guys, thanks for the help :) I replaced both master and slave cylinders for the clutch and discovered while i started bleeding the lines I have bigger problems :(

I will start a new thread.

Thanks