BPB's build and body swap.

boost PSSH boost

SM's Welding Guru
Apr 4, 2005
Marshall, WI
Show's over, I am PARTING OUT and SELLING the red shell. Hate to do it but now is just...not a good time for me to own or build a mk3. I'll get back in the game later on in life, I have other things that require all my attention and money.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

LOOK! I found the "Angry Hammer Wielding Midget" that lives in some 7m's! This one likes to cause piston slap!
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Last edited:

boost PSSH boost

SM's Welding Guru
Apr 4, 2005
Marshall, WI
The talon is my friend Shane's. He's one of the few people who can follow directions well enough to wrench on my supras. :D It's a VERY clean car...stock other than some 6 puck clutch. 93 AWD turbo, tan interior, 110K on the clock. We'll be making it a little faster after the black 87T auto HT and my 90T 5spd taragagaga are done.

Post tons of pics? I'm a weird mk3 owner, I take pics of practically EVERYTHING I do. Sometimes, the same thing, different angles. Helps a lot when you are putting things back together. Almost as useful as masking tape and markers.

speaking of pics....
Hey! it's toasty! filled the the brim with parts!
sm_photo_missing.jpg

The motor from toasty is pretty beat, here's one of the 6 scored up pistons. Yaaaaaaay slap!
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Cylinder wall...
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Another cylinder wall...
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Hooray painted tails.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

More to come, I must make them 56K friendly...since that's what I am on. :(

boost PSSH boost

SM's Welding Guru
Apr 4, 2005
Marshall, WI
I'm not posting these pics in any order really...they're just the past pics of the project thrown together...

Toasty is STILL not easy to move around, even empty. Here's how the car sits now.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

I did this about a month ago. Wrapped some panels with some matching red vinyl. I think it looks good for a first attempt. It took $40 and 2 hours.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Inside the parts car.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

FP guage on the hood...lol....I swear I've been hanging out with foxbody guys too much.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

This is in the 6 car shed we built to house our tools, supras, and related parts. We're getting the cement poured on monday. Yaaaaay no more gravel going down my pans or going up my shirt and stabbing me in the back and crap like that.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Supras and my DD/beater zc swapped civic in the shed.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

boost PSSH boost

SM's Welding Guru
Apr 4, 2005
Marshall, WI
bigaaron said:
Thats a HUGE midget! Is that how you are going to install the new pistons? :biglaugh: Poor Toasty is degraded to being a parts bin.

LOL Yeah, that's my goofy ass threatening my old motor with a 12 lb sledge. You should see what I did to the starter that left me push starting the car solo on many rainy, cold, miserable nights. I'm going to go take a pic of that...it's still on the garage floor.

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
note to self: dont piss of BPB around any object that could possibly used as a hammer...

heh build looks promising! keep us updated with pics!

what was so wrong with the hardtop body that made you want to swap?

boost PSSH boost

SM's Welding Guru
Apr 4, 2005
Marshall, WI
The new shell was fairly cheap. It was more cost effective to go that route than get the unibody straightened out, replace the pass. 1/4 panel, weld new metal in the spare part, both wheel wells, drivers strut tower, prep the car, and paint it.

hammer.jpg

Last edited:

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
ahh, i didnt realise it was that bad. and for 200 bux you cant beat that deal with a stick... or a hammer...

too bad you couldnt grab another hard top shell. the paint still looks pretty good on the new shell tho! id say you got a pretty solid base to launch your rebuild!

boost PSSH boost

SM's Welding Guru
Apr 4, 2005
Marshall, WI
I'm shooting to have it done by my birthday, july 23rd...so I can get some miles on it and be making power for Chi2k6 on August 10th.

I should have lots of pics to post up this week, I am going to finish up swapping over the body harnesses and crap, get the interior into the red car, and I am going to snag a 4.30 from the local junkyard..

I better start looking for a good coater. Every bracket, heat sheild, housing, cover, and manifold on this this is going to be coated "chrome" :D I should mask off the differential and get that done too

The other day I pressure washed all the textured looking rubber shit off the bottom of the car...and sprayed new rubberized undercoating on...woo woo...exciting.

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
wow, sounds like you are going all out! i expect big things, including large high res pics of progress...:biglaugh:

that last post almost makes me wish i lived closer so i could drop into chi2k6 or silv events :cry: the horrors of being trapped in this mining town...

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
boost PSSH boost said:
PARTING OUT & SELLING SHELL. Guess my fun's over, I have other things I need to focus on now. PM me or call 608 577 5791 if interested.

you are selling the red shell? :aigo:

why for?