BOV Control Line?

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
I have a problem... I don't think my BOV has ever been hooked up properly, here's the current control line that comes out of the head :1zhelp:

p974244_1.jpg

p974244_2.jpg

I can't seem to find anything in the TSRM that says this is wrong... but I know that my blow off valve doesn't blow off. It's the HKS-type SSQV from Driftmotion.

Where should the controller line come from?

Thanks for any input you guys can give.

Shima

I'v got Supra powers
May 23, 2007
carlisle
thats pretty normal as far as i can see. did your stock bov work fine? or did it just happen since you put on the driftmotion bov?

jpeek29208

Boostin Daily
Apr 4, 2005
Enterprise, Al
http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/TechTips/graphics/vacuum_2h.gif

thats the stock line which works fine. make sure underneath it is still hooked up. it should route to the metal pipe(25706) and that pipe should then connect to the intake mani(hose 17344c)

1)a way to test it would be to pull off the line going into the bov and stick your finger on it and make sure it sucks a bit(you'll also hear a idle change)

2) route a different vacuum source to the bov and make sure the bov is functioning correctly.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
It's probably plugged with gunk. Try blowing into the line at the BOV end. If you can't, you need to pull the lines off, soak them in paint thinner (or something similar) and blow them out with compressed air.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
You can bypass it all and go directly from the point on the front of the manifold...

It's just not as pretty (yes, the 7M was actually designed to be good looking)

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
I figured you guys might get a kick out of this... following Grim's suggestion:

I traced the BOV control line back to here
p982514_1.jpg

And put some compressed air through it... and got this
p982514_2.jpg

Yummy :biglaugh:

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Ya, that's pretty typical.

PCV gunk gets in there over the years and plugs it up. Often it will get hard, like grease, when cold, and the BOV never works when the engine is cold, however, it will turn liquid and allow enough vacuum through when it gets hot, so the BOV still works when the engine bay is hot.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
That's from the manifold vacuum line. Where it pops up next to the injectors, there is a 90 degree bend facing the firewall, so when you apply air to the other end it fires all that gunk straight at the firewall.

PS: This is why I have someone else hold a shop rag in front of things when I blow them out with the compressor!

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
GrimJack;982643 said:
That's from the manifold vacuum line. Where it pops up next to the injectors, there is a 90 degree bend facing the firewall, so when you apply air to the other end it fires all that gunk straight at the firewall.

PS: This is why I have someone else hold a shop rag in front of things when I blow them out with the compressor!

Yes, quite right Grim, it was from the manifold vacuum line.

But moments after the fact I realized my folly of the shop rag... but such as the way of things :icon_razz