boss jr vs ct26 62 trim

ft413

learner
Sep 23, 2008
EL
i recently had my ct26 die on me i. wasnt too bummed causei knew these turbos dont ask long. it was a 62 trim. i was wondering how it would compare to the boss jr in power. any help would be great. thanks in advance

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
Comparing the BOSS series turbos to an upgraded ct26 is like comparing a chevy cavalier to a Mclaren F1, They are not even close to being on the same category level beyond the fact that they are both turbos.

With a 62 trim ct26 the housings were not designed for the added air flow, thus causing unstable turbulent forces. These forces cause an in balance and add stress to the turbine wheels, with time this added stress destroys the seals and bearings in the turbo.

The Boss series utilizes custom exhaust housings made from a stainless steel alloy. And is designed to mate up a comp turbo center section to the factory manifold and exhaust configuration. With this custom setup the turbo is right in its place producing the power levels the wheel was intended for.

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
jtamulis;1316764 said:
the BOSS Jr is a CT-26 upgrade I believe, the BOSS Series bolt on (SupraSport of JT Series) are the big bad bolt ons.

Jeff

The BOSS Jr is not an upgraded ct26. It is a custom exhaust housing much like the original BOSS series only a bit smaller. The center section is made by garret, and the compressor housing is built by comp turbo.

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
From the information presented, it would stand to reason then that an engine designed for a CT26, with no other modifications, would happily accept a BOSS Jr turbo with no other modifications and have an improvement in spool time, boost threshold, ect?

jtamulis

www.NotRice.com
Apr 9, 2005
Pittsboro, NC
www.NotRice.com
Keros;1317499 said:
From the information presented, it would stand to reason then that an engine designed for a CT26, with no other modifications, would happily accept a BOSS Jr turbo with no other modifications and have an improvement in spool time, boost threshold, ect?

it would be slower to spool (bigger turbo), and on the same boost level would send in more air, so it would be like upping the boost on a CT26, but only up to 10psi. So you would get some more power, but you'd be limited by all the stock stuff (ECU timing/fuel maps, etc).

Jeff