BorHor is back. - Not in a MKIII though

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
Missed you guys. It has been a very long time since I have been active on here but maybe I'll make a come back. I'll just leave this pic here and add more info later.

Y81x3mT.jpg

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
Small update. So ever since the previous owner got his R154 swap done by a shop it has been making some loud noises. He replaced the clutch and flywheel because he thought it was the root of the issue. Turns out this probably was the cause.

h2SeRkD.jpg

VSlCIjW.jpg

So the font bearing retainer broke. Waiting on a replacement parts form Toyota, and they should be here some time next week. I am trying to get this car done for a big meet we are having in NorCal so I hope I make it. I have had this car for 1 week now and it has been on jack stands for 6 of the 7 days lol.

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
Sweeeet. I should be getting some of the parts I need tomorrow so I might be able to get it running tomorrow!

I had my air filter come in today so I slapped it on. the turbo used to feed to the stock air box for a more stock look. YUCK.

uHj3fok.jpg

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
Got some parts expedited so I can get it running this weekend.

Y7POO3F.jpg

Main issue fixed now.

BzzmVyM.jpg

So I took it for a drive but had to feed the thirsty beast first.

HBWD1EK.jpg

Over all so far so good. I do need to get the car retuned because the intake is causing the car to run lean.