Boosting to much

JStoked

Jun 27, 2010
Edmond, Oklahoma, United States
Ok got the supra up and going after head and head gasket swap. I have the aem true boost controller. We just got the car on the road yesterday after sitting for over 6 years. But any way I have boost set at 10 psi on the gauge on a stock ct. Well went to go test drive the car and shit it's hitting fuel cut and boosting 15psi while set at 10. Thought it might be the waste gate but bypassed the aem solenoid and boost was just fine at 7.55 stock setting. So is the aem solenoid bad? Also what is safe boost for a stock ct? My td06 blew the seals ): so back to stock till I get it fixed.

Thank you for any help.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Nobody can tell you what a "safe boost" level is for your car. There's no magic number. If your motor is built soundly then 10 - 15 psi out of a stock ct26 isn't going to hurt it. If it isn't built properly then you're going to have problems.

Albert

Custom CT26, CT12a, CT20 upgrades
May 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Yeah sounds like the solenoid isn't working properly or the lines arnt ran properly.

Possibly a slit in the lines.

Verify it's ran correctly, I know you can hook up the solenoid 2 different ways. One for external, one for internal

JStoked

Jun 27, 2010
Edmond, Oklahoma, United States
ya god i wish i would just read more. Just read supracentrel's post on fuel cut. So if i read it correctly all i need is 550 injectors,Lexus sc 400 or Ls 400 afm, and a wide band correct on a stock ct26? I have all that with a apxi neo and afpr and the 6n lines with a walboro pump. So do i even need the tru boost to hit my goal of 13 psi?

And using the innovated wide band.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Lexus AFM, 550cc injectors, and I had my CT26 dialed in for 12 lbs boost, but went as far as 15 lbs boost while trying things out. I scaled back to 12 lbs, since I was still running the factory fuel pump and FPR at the time.

After changing up the turbo for a 60-1 turbonetics, and adding in the Aeromotive AFPR, I turned the boost back to 15, but hit 18 a couple of times overshooting. The only time I hit fuel cut was when I blew an IC pipe. (In which case, it did exactly what it was supposed to do.)