boost gauge

free_couch

Feb 12, 2009
Sacramento, California
So I just installed a prosport boost gauge, and when I turn the car on, the needle stays at 0. When I drive, the needle slowly moves down, and when I accelerate fast, it never reads any boost. I hooked up the vacuum line to a vacuum line coming right off the manifold (a line that eventually finds its way to the egr switch and valve. I should also mention that the clear vacuum line that came with the gauge was to short so I used a regular black vacuum line that was the same size in diameter. Could this be a problem? Any ideas would be great. Thanks.

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
Take a pic of the port you used for your gauge, might be a ported vacuum port. What does your gauge read on decel/idle/WOT? Did you use the filter they supplied (im assuming its an electronic sender type?)

free_couch

Feb 12, 2009
Sacramento, California
heres a pic, i circled where i hooked up the tee.

at idle the gauge reads 0, at WOT about 0, under normal acceleration it slowly reads that vacuum is increasing.

Attachments

• IMG_0884..jpg
    IMG_0884..jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 49

Kevin

7mgte -> 7mgte swap done.
Apr 20, 2009
Windsor Ontario Canada
behind the upper intake manifold near the egr, you should see a T fitting there. tap into the on coming right off the manifold not the throttle body

edit: at least thats what i did for my car... but i see yours is a 89+? so i am not sure what the differences are mines an 87

Kevin

Apr 20, 2009
Windsor Ontario Canada
Borrowed these pics from a fs thread here.. Credit to StrikeIS from http://www.supramania.com/forums/sh...-IC-kit-3-quot-DP-More&highlight=upper+intake

i modified them to show u what i am talking about

p1521145_1.jpg

p1521145_2.jpg

free_couch

Feb 12, 2009
Sacramento, California
thanks for showing it, ya i dont seem to have that T fitting. Is it ok to use the big line that goes to the break booster? The T fitting that came with the gauge obviously wouldnt work with that, is it ok to use a diff fitting?

Kevin

Apr 20, 2009
Windsor Ontario Canada
intake manifold and tap into that.

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 PM ----------

in your picture i see a vac line behind the manifold near the firewall.. is that coming off the manifold? if it is just tap into that..