Boost! but no Boost!!!

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
I remember the first time I had a IC coupler pop off under the car- I thought it was the end. Huge amounts of black smoke, didn't like idling, and the turbo would whistle like it was a tea kettle on full tilt.

DBN

FML
Jan 22, 2009
Fairfield, Ca
mines is doin the same thing. right after i pulled the intake off to look for messed up vacuum lines. i also checked my turbo for cut up blades and shaft play and i had none so i guess imma look for a boost leak in the morning.

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
you have boost leak. mine did the exact same thing your's did and it was the stock rubber hose right off the turbo. only problem is you couldn't tell with it on the car and each piece had to be inspected after removal. this was because there was a slight crack near the top that would only open up under boost. good luck with your friends boost checker but you could take the 45 minutes and check everything with simple tools....

FatalStylez

Dec 24, 2008
Rolla, Missouri
After 1 week of messin with it and not being able to find out what was wrong with it. I took it to the toyota dealership and they said it was my Cam position Sensor

jmjecc

Well, It just strtd wkg..
Feb 15, 2009
Boise, ID
Did you ever get it fixed? I would also clamp the bypass hoses shut and see if it's leaking back to the MAF sensor. Mine was on the line that goes to the top of the throttle body. Just use a hose pinch or some Vise grips if that doesn't work. I'd be a little skeptical of the cam sensor, but LMK how it worked out.
-jmjecc