Bomex Whale Tail Spoiler and Third Brake Light Requirement

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I have a bomex whale tail on my supra, which eliminates the factory mounted spoiler 3rd brake light and would block the lower mounted wingless 3rd brake light. I need the 3rd brake light for inspection purposes moving it to another province so I'm looking at options of how to mount it and what to use. Mounting location looks to be only one option which is the top of the factory glass, this looks to be the best style I can find to work there but its not the best quality from the looks of things in the case of this one specifically even though it clearly says it is "super intelligent high spec":

https://www.amazon.ca/Universal-Mount-Third-Brake-Light/dp/B01MEHM961/

I also don't have access to my supra currently as it is still in the other province, but I'm trying to come up with a solution for it now so I have some sort of plan for it. Has anyone else dealt with this or done an aftermarket top mounted 3rd brake light?

AbsoluteSpeed

Aug 8, 2007
Edmonton AB
Honestly I would go with the factory wingless 3rd brake light. It is original and you can claim you "did not tamper with a safety decice" and i think you would be in the clear. That being said, I have never dealt with OPP.

If you are really concerned though, you may be able to relocate the factory 3rd light so it is at the top of the rear glass. Or, in true Audi fassoin, use a led strip across the top.

As a last resort. Remove the wing for the inspection and reinstall it after :naughty:

turbogate

Life is Boost
May 18, 2005
South, FL
What Franco says. Go with the NA setup. Thats what i had when i had the whale tail. Factory fit and bolts right in. I have one by the way. PM me if interested.