Bolt on hood cowl scoop????

WarpFactorVIII

Nov 16, 2006
Citrus County, Fl
Has anyone ever tried to use one of these??? I need a little more cowl height for my project and instead of cutting the hood and adding it myself my father in law made a suggestion to use one of these. Just seeing if anyone has thought of it before. I would try to mold it into the hood so its doesn't look crazy. To see what I'm talking about in case u do not know Google bolt on cowl scoop...

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
^ Clearly you've never seen Dragracer's car, it can be done and with great success.

Retrospec is comming out with a raised cowl hood. It would look far better than a tacky bolt on cowl espcially ontop of an existing cowl.

If you dont want to buy another hood there is a tutorial on here somewhere on how to raise the stock cowl up a couple inches, I forget the buddys name who made the write up.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Why wouldn't the stock hood clear? You gonna stick some massive v8 in it and run a tall carb setup?

joel903

Apr 6, 2005
Conover,NC
Yeah everyone has different taste i guess. NO muscle car wannabe stuff on my car though, only true JDM inspired items like the stout hood.

WarpFactorVIII

Nov 16, 2006
Citrus County, Fl
te72;1634712 said:
Why wouldn't the stock hood clear? You gonna stick some massive v8 in it and run a tall carb setup?

Why else would I need a 4"cowl???? Just saying..(build thread will be made very soon)

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

Personally I don't think a raised cowl is a crazy muscle car look..i think the car would look pretty mean with it... I like the ones retro are making too but I still think Im going to have issues and I know in the "lucy- Im home" thread the member added metal to the cowl to raise it. I just think that molding the cowl onto the existing hood, after cutting off the cowl on the hood of course, would be easier..Im not the greatest with sheet metal fabiracation.. So back to the orginial question.. Has anyone seen it done?