Bolt on Big Brake Kit For around 300$.

SideWinderGX

Aug 8, 2007
Syracuse, New York, United States
_EiKNARF_;2045971 said:
No i understand hvyman. But when i mocked up my caliper with the supra rotor on, it was soo close it just took the paint off the caliper, so what im saying is, if the benz rotor is even just 3mm thicker at the mounting surface, it will be enough to clear the rim. Thanks

If you can take the stock Toyota rotor off and measure the thickness of the rotor where it mates with the hub, I can post up the thickness of the MB rotor in that same spot.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
_EiKNARF_;2045971 said:
No i understand hvyman. But when i mocked up my caliper with the supra rotor on, it was soo close it just took the paint off the caliper, so what im saying is, if the benz rotor is even just 3mm thicker at the mounting surface, it will be enough to clear the rim. Thanks

did you also have the washers on the caliper as well? cause that will push it out too far for the rotor to compensate with.

ibcrazee

tested
Jan 27, 2010
south of I-10
i was curious if the R350 rotor would cause the wheel to be futrher out (thicker than stock). so i hung a plumb bob off the outside of the fender. measured from the stock rotor hat to the string.

removed the stock rotor and mounted the new R350 rotor. and measured.

maybe 1/32" more shallow.

so if your rim is hitting the caliper on the mocked-up fit with the stock rotor, you're definately gonna need wheel spacers to clear your rim with this kit installed. don't even think of putting spacers behind the new rotor.
hope this is the answer to your question.

_EiKNARF_

1JZ, NO S@*T!
Aug 20, 2012
Lewiston
Alright. Thanks guys. I kinda had the feeling that i was gunna have to run spacers. So that means extended lugs and moreee work. I just want all these parts finally on my car! Thanks again everyone!

black89t

boost'en down 101
Oct 27, 2007
humboldt, ca
_EiKNARF_;2046032 said:
Alright. Thanks guys. I kinda had the feeling that i was gunna have to run spacers. So that means extended lugs and moreee work. I just want all these parts finally on my car! Thanks again everyone!

you can get spacers that are only a couple mm and run them without extended lug nuts most the time. i had to get extended lugs cause i needed a 12mm spacer. had to cut them down too cause i don't i like how it looks with them sticking out. to know for sure you just have to get all the parts though and put them on your car.

_EiKNARF_

1JZ, NO S@*T!
Aug 20, 2012
Lewiston
Yeah im gunna need atleast 10 or 12mm spacers which is going to require extended studs. Luckily theres nothing really wrong with my stock brakes so i can do it little by little since i dont make tons of money. Thanks for the help guys love the development of this thread!

ask92

That guy.
Nov 17, 2008
Rocklin, CA
Just ordered some calipers for $50 each on ebay. Probably wont order the rest of the stuff for a while but at least I got a set of calipers lol.

SideWinderGX

Aug 8, 2007
Syracuse, New York, United States
Hubcentric spacers I bought were the wrong hub size, just ordered new ones...

BUT, the picture I posted a few posts back of RX7 FD rims: I put the drivers side brakes on yesterday and I had to grind a few mm off of the top of the caliper to get it to fit. I took the picture of the passenger side...I ground down the second caliper expecting the worst but it fits with a lot of room to spare, so I guess this is the same situation that the MKIV guys have with fitting FD rims on their rear hubs. There's a few variations of FD rims and the ones with the bigger barrel style will fit with minimal grinding, the smaller barrel will take a lot more.

I'll have pictures eventually.

Nick Squire

Aug 8, 2013
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Hey guys, I finally got everything bolted up and working and now I am finally getting to posting my pics.
p2046583_1.jpg

p2046583_2.jpg

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
Nick Squire;2046583 said:
Hey guys, I finally got everything bolted up and working and now I am finally getting to posting my pics.
p2046895_1.jpg

p2046895_2.jpg

Looks great man! how does she stop compared to before??

Nick Squire

Aug 8, 2013
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
I'm super impressed, they have a better pedal feel and when I step on the brakes it really stops, I havent tried locking up the tires yet but I think my abs kicked in once and everything reacted exactly as I would have liked. I feel like the stopping power is very linear and predictable, which is awesome (y)

Thanks again hvyman, was definitely a great find.

Last edited:

jesse_rc1991

May 29, 2012
austin
when you buy the wheel spacers are you having any trouble mounting them cause when i mount the rotor with with the hubcentric ring it sticks out a bit and theres little space left on the hub, or is there enough room on the back of the spacer to mount flush on the rotor. Also which brand is good quality to run, plan on going 20mil on my mkiv tt wheels? ebay ones are cheap at bout $45 but im questionable on quality even though they claim "good quality"