body work

Riley24

Apr 19, 2012
west virginia
I just bought a 87 supra non turbo, well the question is , the whole body is bonded together , I have asked a couple guys around where I live how to tackle this project, and most said to grind the body down till you see the cracks for the panels and just cut the, off, also for the rear maybe just take the tail lights out and put pressure on the rear bumper with pressure to take it off and leave the rear quarters there just grind and patch what I can, so the question is does any one have a better idea and will post pics of it soon

RogueCustoms

Custom Painter/Fabricator
Apr 7, 2012
Beaverton, Oregon, United States
Are you saying that the bumpers are "molded" in to the car? What's cracked and where? Can you be a bit more descriptive with your question? If you could show us some oics, that would be a great help to us helping you.

Riley24;1834021 said:
I just bought a 87 supra non turbo, well the question is , the whole body is bonded together , I have asked a couple guys around where I live how to tackle this project, and most said to grind the body down till you see the cracks for the panels and just cut the, off, also for the rear maybe just take the tail lights out and put pressure on the rear bumper with pressure to take it off and leave the rear quarters there just grind and patch what I can, so the question is does any one have a better idea and will post pics of it soon

RogueCustoms

Custom Painter/Fabricator
Apr 7, 2012
Beaverton, Oregon, United States
Are you saying that the bumpers are "molded" into the car? What's cracked and where? Can you be a bit more descriptive with your question? Also if you could show us some pics, that would be a great help to us helping you.

Riley24;1834021 said:

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
I'd take a rubber mallet and tap along where the panels join and see if you can crack them loose. Hopefully they used the shitty regular bondo and not marglass or all-metal.

If you don't know where the body lines should be just look at the pictures of another car, the pictures in the link in my sig show the stock body lines pretty clearly.

Greek

May 20, 2010
Ohio
Riley24;1834021 said:

what_the_fuck3.jpg