Body work-what to use to repair bumpers?

RPSil13

Nov 30, 2006
Anaheim, CA
What is everyone using to repair bumpers/nose piece? i had seen a thread about some polyurethane filler but when i searched all i could find was stuff about polyurethane bushings, can someone point me in the right direction, i have some pitting and i would like to know what to use to fill it

thanks
Art

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
PM KeithH. He used a product called FiberFlex.

This is what his bumper looked like after he took the grilles out:
vegas1.jpg

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
I am also planning to fill mine, so that I can use the Devil-Horn emblem from one of the group buys.

I am looking to use the same stuff, but from what I understand when you purchase the stuff, it comes in a large quantity. You will have lots leftover. You can use a plastic welder, or a standard soldering iron to "weld" the FirberFlex in. You can then use a glazing putty or other stuff for finishing it up.

I think KeithH sold all of his remaining stuff, but I'd want to see how it has held up. I haven't searched for it, but I believe you need the right plastic rod for the material that makes up that nose piece (polyurethane?).

If anyone wants to split/share some of the cost/material, I am in for buying some (enough to get mine done).

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
To fill in a few deep gouges in my bumperxs I used a 2 part epoxy I got at the local auto parts store. Comes in a 2 tube syringe, have to let it cure for 24 hours and is a bitch to feather in to the rest of the old yellow toyota plastic.

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
My bumper got hit by a retread on the highway and it cracked from the grill all the way into the fog light area. I repaired it with fiberflex and it's been holding up well, it was also really easy to use. For fixing broken tabs and such I haven't had the same luck with it though. They suggest melting a piece of wire mesh into the bumper as a base for the fiberflex but that has proven almost impossible.

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
I gave in and bought some FiberFlex from Urethane Supply Company... I have 30 feet/flat-sticks. I'll have to check and see how many it takes to fill the nose emblem and let ya'll know how many I will have left to sell (pro-rated, of course). Weather looks good over the next few days, so I'll try and see what I can get done.