Body Work Help!

EdmondBreaux

Mar 30, 2009
Moreno Valley, California
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post, and if i sound like a noob! Ok, so I need some input on some body work. I bought my supra 100% this way, the fenders came this color and the rear bumper is also the same color as the fenders, I'm not so sure as to why. Anyways, if it helps, my supra is a 90 with a pre 89 bumper, and the header panel support is still a 89+ one. I need some input as to why my hood might be like this? It closes all the way but has that uneven gap(as seen in the pictures), and is sometimes really hard to open for some reason. Any opinions on how to fix this so its even, any similar situations? Pics:

p1413906_1.jpg

p1413906_2.jpg

Heres a pic of one of the fenders if it helps, and does anyone know if this is a stock fender? I ask because it came this color when I bought the car so im not sure.

p1413906_3.jpg

And one last thing, my rear fenders came this way as well(pic), I honestly have no idea why but a few people have told me the previous owner changed them from wide body fenders? Anyway how would I go about filling these holes, and what would I need to do? I know most likely bondo, anyways heres a pic:

p1413906_4.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

DJ 2501

Sep 2, 2009
Ohio
I didnt run out to look at my supra, but most cars have slots so you can adjust the hood latch. Loosed up the bolts holding the latch to the core support and see if you can slide it down. If that doesnt work see if there are and rubber stoppers that are out to much, turn then in.

The problem is def from the hood and not the front panel as the hood is also higher than the headlight covers.

romaniello

Oct 28, 2005
Sanford, FL
Look at the hood bumpers I highlighted in this image, those will most likely need to be adjusted. There are 4 of those.

Attachments

• Hood & Front Fender.GIF
    Hood & Front Fender.GIF
    24.5 KB · Views: 19

boostindoo

Jul 18, 2006
raleigh
maybe the front ends been repaired, but not very well...the nose piece doesnt look like it lines up with the headlights....you could see overspray on the support in ur first pic...

yeah, weld up the holes and grind it smooth..

EdmondBreaux

Mar 30, 2009
Moreno Valley, California
Im not sure what you mean by nose piece, but if you mean the header panel support, it could be that way since my bumper is pre 89 but the header panel support is 89+, so I need to swap it so it fits better with the pre 89 bumper. Also, my bumper was hit twice so its bent, so I have to remove it and bend it back. Thanks for all the input! Im gonna try fixing the holes this weekend.