Bluechulappa's 89Turbo restoration

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
Good luck with the tranny, I need to do the same... I'm getting one rebuilt with new seals etc and putting it in and taking my old one and saving it for a performance rebuild in the future (auto... btw). LoL can I come over to ur work?? jpjp

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
Bluechulappa;1671855 said:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

^^^ Intake air temp sensor for my map ecu!

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
www.houstonareasupras.com
So I finished up the work tonight. The clutch pedal is quite a bit stiffer. But it seems to be all working. I drove the supra outta the shop tonight! My appointment at the tuner is set for 9am on the 5th of march.... Only 2 weeks out from TX2k11 :/ ahhhh! Crunch time!

Planning on turning all four rotors and getting brand new pads. Also may install a new rack and pinion cause mine is leaking! Anyone know if that's a major ordeal or not?

Oh and on another note look what showed up at my dad's work today :D
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
Going to the tuner in 4 days....
They are gonna be tuning my map ecu at powerfab automotive here in Houston, TX
The map ecu allows you to lose the afm so I've been trying to find an intake to replace my Lexus AFM and Apex-i power intake.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Went to advanced auto parts store and this was the best K&N filter I could find that looked like it might fit. I was skeptical because this cone filter has a 4" inlet!!!
sm_photo_missing.jpg

But it actually fit nicely!
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Just test fitting for now. Still need my afm to drive to the tuner. But I wanted to have something to replace it!
sm_photo_missing.jpg

My lexus afm and apexi intake will be for sale after this coming saturday!

Jay C

Sep 30, 2010
Omaha, NE
I think it is amazing that you took this car from the junk yard to what it is today. Great job and way to save a SUPRA!

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
Where did you get the IC??!?! & if your dealership can get small things like that throttle spring can you ask if they can get a 1984 Toyota Celica Supra 5MGE Timing Belt Tensioner spring?

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
The IC I got locally, same specs as the one driftmotion sells on their website.

Got my inlet air temp sensor wires ready to be plugged in on Saturday...
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Also added a vacuum T connector in the glove box area so I have a vacuum line running to my profec b boost controller and map ecu piggyback.
As the car sits tonight it is ready for the tuner on Saturday morning. I may change the oil cause I'm having a hard time ready the level on my dipstick...

toy_dremer

uneek Supra
Oct 7, 2009
Weston, WI
So, I have this paper that I am suppose to be doing, but these 94 pages and 3 hours of awesomeness were waaaay to important!

Might fine job there sir!

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Your car has come a long way from sitting in a junkyard to what it is now. Good job on giving this MKIII a good restoration. Last time I was in this thread was when your dad got the SC, been a while but keep up the good work.