Blower vents!

Mrbaboon

Jul 13, 2006
Victoria, BC
Here's a question I don't think I've ever seen asked before, and I figure this annoys the crap out of more people than just myself.

Loose heater blower vents. They lose their rigidity and go flippity flop all over the place and you can never get it positioned just right because its so easy to knock out of position.

Is there any possibly way to restore a bit of stiffness to them so they don't move around on their own (when hitting bumps etc)? The bad ones are the center two and the drivers side one, passenger side feels good.

bluepearl

Jul 21, 2005
pa.
I have not removed any vents from a supra, but on other vehicles, the vent rides on a small plastic shaft. Find some super small O rings and slide them on the shaft to reduce clearance. You may only need one. Re-install the vent, and you are done.

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
Have to take the speedometer assembly cover off for that :) Did that a couple of times, ^he's right, those things ride in plastic + there is a little metal clamp or something. Just take the speedo apart when you don't need your car and looks inside.