Block Prep

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
89supra7mgte;1517612 said:
What are the power levels of the composite, with arp studs, and proper installing and cleaning?

Good tune and NO detonation they would be quite high, back in the stone age I ran my 3.4L Toyota V8 with NO IC, Pump fuel, meth injection, really low comp and 30 psi on Composite gaskets.

89supra7mgte

Sep 20, 2009
colorado
So then given I get my setup done and proper tune ( listed in my thread, need expert help) I should be ok for a while I'm not gonna be driving it all the time and do think ill be boosting anymore than 15 depending on how everything goes

89supra7mgte

Sep 20, 2009
colorado
Very true I do like that added feature. Whenever you get time IJ you should read that thread of mine and add in you advice as well maybe you have other suggestions or ideas for me

WillieLZG

Feb 12, 2008
EL PASO TX
I'm currently running a toyota composite gasket boosting 15psi no problems. Have also wondered composite gaskets limits. I think almost all mkiii supra owners feel that a MLS gasket is the only solution to there BHG problems and replace it with one and find them selfs more frustrated since they half assed the job and have to do it all over again.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
89supra7mgte;1517766 said:
Very true I do like that added feature. Whenever you get time IJ you should read that thread of mine and add in you advice as well maybe you have other suggestions or ideas for me
link?

WillieLZG;1517783 said:
I'm currently running a toyota composite gasket boosting 15psi no problems. Have also wondered composite gaskets limits. I think almost all mkiii supra owners feel that a MLS gasket is the only solution to there BHG problems and replace it with one and find them selfs more frustrated since they half assed the job and have to do it all over again.
Happens here ALL the time and from the outside looking in it's really frustrating!

This is why I gave the advice I did and questioned Thorpedo's post, NOT that he's 100% wrong just that he's overestimating the abilities and skells of some of our younger mmebers and it WILL end in failure/tears and yet another dead Supra....