bleeding brakes with abs

jnybbad

Sep 16, 2012
vacaville, ca
Is there a different way to bleesd brakes with abs? I put in a new master that I bench bled first all stainless lines and BBK up ftont. The pedal felt good after I bled them but after sitting for a week I fired it up and the pedal went to the floor. I get some back when I pump it but not much. I've bled them twice and it did this both times.

jnybbad

Sep 16, 2012
vacaville, ca
I doubt it I've done it a few times on other cylinders without issue. Ill bleed again I'm guessing there is just air trapped somewhere. Just wanted to see if the abs added anything to address.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
If you're certain the Seals are facing the right way around it's Air, I use a Vac Pump and a 1 Man bleeder and rarely have a problem.

When you get some pressure if you hold you foot on the pedal does it sink to the floor at all?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
There is a valve that's actuated by the pedal, when you release the pedal pressure it cuts off the assistance otherwise the brakes would never release, yours isn't working so the Vacuum keeps sucking.

jnybbad

Sep 16, 2012
vacaville, ca
IJ.;1944524 said:
There is a valve that's actuated by the pedal, when you release the pedal pressure it cuts off the assistance otherwise the brakes would never release, yours isn't working so the Vacuum keeps sucking.

And this is inside the booster? Can it be repaced seperate?