Bit of a vacuum question

Dr. Pepper PhD.

May 26, 2008
Dayton
As you can see in the picture below I have a few questions about some vacuum lines. I don't believe that they are hooked up correctly. I spent a lot of time studying the TSRM and EPC to get this image but still have a few questions. I labeled them with letters and hopefully someone can help me. Yes I know there is no G because I already figured that one out and removed it. Thanks for any help you guys can get me.

[thumb]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/burnedkitty105/VacuumLines-1.jpg[/thumb]

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
The print is too small.

You have a question at the air filter for a VSV. It doesn't affect performance until it lets dirt in.

You have one on the intake air control valve, aka ACIS vacuum resevoir. It should be hooked up to the tree. Do you not a have a label under the hood? That canister is seen by removing the upper portions of the intake manifold.

And I just can't read the questions with the VSV's.

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
A: yes
B: air intake
C: filter comes off dash pot and is not connected to any other vacuum lines.
D: is the fuel pressure VSV. Doesn't really matter where it is mounted as long as the vacuum lines are routed properly
E: yes
F: is the EGR valve
H: Brown wire is probably knock sensor wire. This connection will have a two wire connector and yes it comes off the wire harness.
I: it shouldn't
J: is the EGR vsv.
Has the egr system been removed from this car?

Dr. Pepper PhD.

May 26, 2008
Dayton
First off, thank you for the prompt response. And not to my knowledge has the EGR system been removed.

C/F. Okay I removed the Dash pot vacuum line and put it to the EGR valve. There was nothing running to it.
_________________________________________________________________________________
D/H. There are three vacuum lines running to it and the brown plug is not plugged in. I will move it to the new location and plug the brown plug into it. Third vacuum line runs to EGR vsv. Suggestion for plugging fuel pressure vsv?
[thumb]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/burnedkitty105/IMG_0173.jpg[/thumb]
[thumb]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/burnedkitty105/IMG_0174.jpg[/thumb]
_________________________________________________________________________________
I. Runs to Location in pic.
[thumb]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/burnedkitty105/IMG_0176.jpg[/thumb]
K. Vacuum lines as labeled is this correct?
[thumb]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/burnedkitty105/IMG_0172.jpg[/thumb]

Last edited:

Dr. Pepper PhD.

May 26, 2008
Dayton
Thumbnails done...

So any idea what the thing along the firewall is and what its for? Is there a filter that i can acquire that will stick on the end of that vsv?

Also is that where the cruise control is supposed to be tapped into the vacuum system?

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
The one running across the firewall is suppose to be there. It is the heater vsv.
It and the cruise control should be connected directly to a vacuum source. I don't think that is suppose to be the same as the egr vacuum lines.
I don't have a na so I am probably at my limit of help.

Great job on the thumbnails.

Dr. Pepper PhD.

May 26, 2008
Dayton
Alright I got everything hooked up except for one thing I cannot find in any diagram.

[thumb]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/burnedkitty105/MA8829Bb.jpg[/thumb]

Oh and how important is the valve that goes to the intake? Mine is busted on the intake side and will have to get a new one after a bit.

And thanks for all your help... Once I get that top question answered I can get it back together for work tomorrow afternoon.

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
The top question: that is where the heater vsv and power steering should connect to.
The one to the intake: not real important. It is the power steering idle up. Just plug/cap off the opening on the intake and cap where it comes off the vacuum rail at '17343C clip' in your image.

Dr. Pepper PhD.

May 26, 2008
Dayton
Thanks so much isnms... you have been a huge help... I assume I just run the Cruise Control Vacuum line right off of location 90413-04005? That is what I will do until i hear otherwise. Thanks again

Dr. Pepper PhD.

May 26, 2008
Dayton
LOL... ok i figured it out... The guy that did the engine swap.... Swapped the hose that split the heater and CC with the one that goes into the vacuum regulator... So he had the vsv hooked up to the back of the manifold. Alright I am confident in what needs to happen now... Thank you again

Dr. Pepper PhD.

May 26, 2008
Dayton
Sweet, got everything back together and it runs. Only things different are:

1. The 17650 vsv is missing the plug on the left hand side so i plugged it up with a short hose and a screw... and the brown plug going to it i could not find but it was not hooked up to begin with

2. The 17630 valve is broken intake side. Intake is plugged planning on plugging valve too.

Thanks so much isnms again.

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
1. Don't plug that. It is where a filter goes. Allows atmosphere pressure when not switched (on or off) can't remember which.
Also this is the fuel pressure vsv. If i recall correctly it is only active at cold start, so not being electrically connected only affects cold cranking. jetjock can set you straight on this if I am wrong.

2. You can plug/cap that over at '17343C clip' on the vacuum rail. No need for all the extra tubing across the front of the engine.
Also, it is easier to block there than down at the power steering idle up vsv ;)

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
I was wrong on when it is active. You can find this info at:
autoshop101.com > Technical Articles > 22. EFI#3 Fuel Delivery & Injection Controls
p1036872_1.gif

Spaniard

Banned
Oct 21, 2005
La pearla PR
Sorry for bringing this back thread back to life, but it is exactly on the topic of discussion at home. I took over a N/A project and now I'm re-doing the vacuum system. I believe I have everything hooked up, but this 17650 three way vsv. Where in the hell does it hook up to on the harness?