Billet 6265 Quick Spool Valve combo

leftynridge

Aug 30, 2009
dayton, ohio
I have read tekdeus post on his combo and would like a little more responsive street set up as well so was thinking of going with a journal bearing 6265, sp ported shroud, divided exhaust housing (required for qsv), a .81 ar. with a quick spool valve. I am getting close to decision time on what direction I'm going with on my turbo setup and wanted to get your guys two cents on the subject. Like if I down shift from 5th to 3rd what kind boost spike should I expect. With a .81ar do you think I will run into wheel spin. etc...

-Built bottom end
- Stock head with comp valve springs
-AEM EMS
- Seth's long runner ffim
- Hks long runner exhaust manifold

Last edited:

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
I did mine a bit differently, I used a HUGE AR turbine and used the QS Valve to retain normal boost response allowing the Engine to breathe better on the top end.

Is the HKS Header single entry?

leftynridge

Aug 30, 2009
dayton, ohio
No I have to remove the divider. It has the usual crack down it anyway but it shouldn't be a problem to remove.

That is what your talking about? Right!

leftynridge

Aug 30, 2009
dayton, ohio
Yeah but the problem is that precision does not offer a divided housing so it increases the price. Generally the vendors that you see that offer a divided housing the exhaust housing itself is from companies like Turbonetics. I'm actually talking with Rich from sip racing about the subject right now via email...

boostinprine

Nov 6, 2007
Carbondale, IL
old thread, but I just started setting up my 6265 journal turbo, havnt got it running yet. Was wondering how you like the long runner intake manifold? I think i am going to need a FFIM to clear the charge pipes, The turbo now sits in the way of making anything decent to the stock intake.

oldsking

Mar 19, 2009
Chapel Hill, NC
I know that feeling :( It can be done but going ffim will make it easier
img0063w.jpg

Alec

SP Tuned
Apr 6, 2009
Illinois
I'll most likely be going with a similar setup. Probably the 6265 but I'd like to try out the new 6466 that is supposed to come out soon.

I'll be going with the .84 if I don't use a QSV, but if I do use the spool valve probably 1.00.

This'll also be on the stock motor

boostinprine

Nov 6, 2007
Carbondale, IL
Dont mean to thread jack by anymeans..

I was messing with pipes the other night and this was all that i could come up with that would clear the hood, etc. Having the turbo 3/4" higher from the QSV really makes things tight above it. But i think it will have to do for now, i dont have the time to make an intake, or funds to buy one.
p1700911_1.jpg

p1700911_2.jpg

Cant wait to dyno it and see how this turbo responds!

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
boostinprine;1700911 said:
Dont mean to thread jack by anymeans..

I was messing with pipes the other night and this was all that i could come up with that would clear the hood, etc. Having the turbo 3/4" higher from the QSV really makes things tight above it. But i think it will have to do for now, i dont have the time to make an intake, or funds to buy one.

Cant wait to dyno it and see how this turbo responds!
Couldn't have chosen a hotter/worse path for the charge pipe :(

Would have been better to clock the Comp cover and use a cast 90 bend then come forward....

boostinprine

Nov 6, 2007
Carbondale, IL
nice routing,
The 4" bends i was going to use for the intake to the turbo are large radi so mocking it up i couldn't get a pipe between the intake and the CPS. And my manifold has the turbo sitting a little more forward than yours. I was debating to ovalize the pipe and try and snake it under the intake pipe...

Alec

SP Tuned
Apr 6, 2009
Illinois
87M-GTE;1699975 said:
Any idea when this is coming out Alec?

Not sure exactly when but I can say there are definitely prototypes floating around!! I know SP will be doing some testing on it in the near future. Hopefully it will have spool of a 62 and power of a 67!!

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
I think this would be an amazing setup for response considering this turbo is already great (well, 6262 vs. 6265 - not much difference) on the 1J, so a 3L would push it over that much harder.

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
Alec;1701344 said:
Not sure exactly when but I can say there are definitely prototypes floating around!! I know SP will be doing some testing on it in the near future. Hopefully it will have spool of a 62 and power of a 67!!

I'll be a test dummy :):):):)

Anyone wanna buy my 6262? lol