Bike Rack Maybe?

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
I have been wanting to get into bike riding for a while now, going to bike parks and just riding a bike around the trail for fun and health. Problem is I have no bike and a supra. So I was thinking, has anyone ever put a bike rack on a sup that didnt look ugly. A bike rack that will actually be used (cough) and will be used to transport a bike on it. I dont see how I could put it on the targa without it looking dumb and I would hate to drill into my hatch...... Just thinking out loud..... Opinions???

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
Take off front tire. My buddy bought a supra it had one on it. We moved his bed and dresser with it then he took it off. It's a hard top though

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Would you be able to put the bike in the back with the back seats folded down? Then you wouldn't need to add a bike rack. You can fit quite a bit back there, I had a 30 inch tractor rim in the hatch before, but just barely...

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
I could only fit 2 16 inch wheels+tires with the rear seats folded down.. Granted, I had a lot of extra crap in there, but it's not like if I didn't have that extra crap in there I would've been able to fit another wheel and tire in..

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Hitch mount would be the only way to go for our cars. Lemme see if I can dig up a pic I think I have...

Well crap. Can't seem to find it, but it was a picture of a MkIV with a bike rack on the back, complete with bike. WAIT! Found it on my phone:

MkIV bike rack.jpg

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
I installed a Hidden Hitch and got a Thule bike rack that fit it.
The rack can pivot backwards away from the car by removing a pin to allow access to the rear.It also has enough room for two bikes.
I'd stay away from having one mounted on the roof,might strain your back just getting the damn bike up there...lol