bigger fuel line setup

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
long story short.............. my car is running out of fuel up top. i have a 60-1 turbo, 630cc injectors, wally 255, new filter and an aem ems.
my tuner has tried everything to get the lean spot out, but no matter what we do, it's still there.
he suggested going with a bigger fuel line and inline filter.
my question is................. does anyone know what parts i will need to do this?
i want to go right from the tank, to an inline filter5 and then right to the front of the car.
i thought i saw somewhere a parts list to do this, but i can't remember where at the moment.
ANY help is greatly appreciated......... i'd love to get to at least one drift event this year. :(

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
no, i am not. everyone keeps asking me that. adding a fpr won't help the issue i'm having. the fuel isn't even getting to the regulator. i'm having a volume problem, not a pressure problem. it's almost as though there's a cut in the hose that's in the tank. i know that's not the case, because i double checked it.

super51fan

Jul 28, 2010
Indianapolis
If your diag is right . I bet your pump is failing. Run a new MKIV pump . Plenty of fuel for 550 whp. IMO I would get electronic fuel pressure gauge. So you watch while driving.

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
super51fan;2021456 said:
If your diag is right . I bet your pump is failing. Run a new MKIV pump . Plenty of fuel for 550 whp. IMO I would get electronic fuel pressure gauge. So you watch while driving.

i thought that as well. i had a new pump from driftmotion in there. only about 500 miles on it. i tried another 255 that i got from a member here, but it was no better.

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
do the stock fpr's go bad? i never heard of one getting weak. i've heard both sides concerning using an afpr, some say i need one and some say i don't. i've been through a million build threads and forum searches, but i can't get a definitive answer.

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
supraguy@aol;2021495 said:
If your FPR is weak, then less fuel will go to the injectors, and more will go back to the tank.

question....... will this affect fueling throughout the whole rpm range? my issue really is only at 5,000 rpm and up. everywhere else, the afr's are fine.
i've heard about knockoff walbro's, and that's why i tried a second one.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Might be enough fuel for lower rpms but you need more in the upper.

Your already past the point of where you should of already had one. 250 for the kit is cheaper than a rebuild or trusting that your 25 year old one is in perfect condition.

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
gsxr141;2021493 said:
i did not. is that something that needs to be done?

No. Sometimes removing it can cause weird fuel lean-outs at certain engine speeds due to resonances.

Seems like you should datalog fuel pressure and see if it is dropping.

Captain

Sep 30, 2008
NM
I think you need to try an AFPR. There might not be enough pressure to provide the fuel required at the higher RPMs.

As far as replacing the fuel lines goes, just use AN lines. Its expensive but effective. -6an is good for a fair amount of power.