Bigger disks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

5uprahboy

Aug 22, 2005
Auckland
Hey all

I'm after some 13" disks, slotted, for my MK3 (using Wilwood Superlite 4 pots).

Can anyone suggest a disk to use?

Does anyone have the specs of the standard 89+ front MA70 calipers? Mounting dimensions etc etc?

Cheers

Hunt

JZa80

Mar 6, 2009
WI
search under the nightpager brackets. its been beaten to death. you can use 350z track rotors. or theres another one out there that idlizes(sp?) mustang cobra rotors. and theres another style ou there running the stock mk4 tt brackes or ls400 brakes. just search it

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Your question is practically impossible to answer without knowing them mounted depth of the brake caliper in relation to the hub face, sorry :(

And yes - I'm the one that built a set using the 13" Cobra brakes. The nightpager kit, imho, sucks. Caliper designed for 10.8" rotors on a 12.6" rotor? Hell, the REAR brakes I'm working on will be bigger than the nIghtpager kit!

And oh yeah - the pads don't sit 100% on the rotor. :3d_frown: I'd love to ask the gentleman that engineered that kit - WHY????

5uprahboy

Aug 22, 2005
Auckland
Doward;1303104 said:
Your question is practically impossible to answer without knowing them mounted depth of the brake caliper in relation to the hub face, sorry :(

And yes - I'm the one that built a set using the 13" Cobra brakes. The nightpager kit, imho, sucks. Caliper designed for 10.8" rotors on a 12.6" rotor? Hell, the REAR brakes I'm working on will be bigger than the nIghtpager kit!

And oh yeah - the pads don't sit 100% on the rotor. :3d_frown: I'd love to ask the gentleman that engineered that kit - WHY????

I'm thinking of using MK4 disks which are 324mm? (12.75")? - although, not sure how thick they are?

5uprahboy

Aug 22, 2005
Auckland
figgie;1303442 said:
you still haven't anwered the question. How did you mount them? Depth of the mounting, hieght from center? Offset? etc.....

How did I mount what? There was no question and I have not mounted anything yet.

I'm going with Nissan GTR rotors which are 324x30mm and have a hat height of 53.75 verses the MK3's 53.5

As soon as I get the disks I'm going to give them plus my calipers and pads to a mate who's making me up brackets.

Status
Not open for further replies.