big problems for me!

Godspeed

88 supra turbo 5spd
May 13, 2005
Asheville n.c.
as you may remember i had my 89 turbo rebuilt byharry at phoenix motorsports back in sept 08 and had arps mhg 3 angle valve job 60 trim ct26 and so on. well sin ce then i have had a few probs... my electric fans were hooked up backwards causing the car to tryand get hot all the time.. fixed this im sure it was an accident, but my crank angle sensor code kept showing up????? i was assured it was just a sensor that typically goes out and kept driving the car.. then the exhaust bolts holding the down pipe to the turbo came loose and i lost 2 of them. well i fixed this.... so after about 1450 miles im driving along and the car just shuts down???? tow it homwe and find out the damn cam gear has fallen almost completely off??? wtf? so i called him and he says to just reset the timimng to tdc and so on. fine i do this car fires back up and runs fine... now with 1550 miles on the engine i now have this bad rattling sound.. harry says he thinks it may be a shim out of adjustment.. i have had several other people tell me its a wrist pin becasue at idle you dont hear it... so now the point after spending a couple thousand dollars and 6 months waiting on the rebuild the car is now broken again and basically undrivable... what do you guys think? i was given a 30 day warranty or until i turn up the boost which on the 60 trim was at 5psi when i got the car back and is now at only 9psi... im at a loss here and dont know what to do! any ideas. i will try to get a vid of the noise later... thx

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
You turned up the boost so by the terms of the warranty there's little you can now do. (I'm guessing any number of things would in his eyes have voided the warranty anyway)

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
It wouldn't on a well built, well tuned motor. Nine psi is childs play. That was just one of many ways for him to cover his ass on the job he did.

Godspeed

88 supra turbo 5spd
May 13, 2005
Asheville n.c.
Nah I wouldn't wanna threatin him I will just let everyone know who it was that built the car... I guess im gonna sell it or trade it for something else. Thanks for the input it kinda makes me feel better... lol

AjWit

Boostin without Boost.
Jan 31, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
this is why i want to do my own HG before i get an MBC to go to about 8psi or so like you did. that way you know 'all the screws are tight'. im no mechanic or saesoned pro, but ive love to open up a 7m and take it all in, if only life didn't require money...