BHG Nightmare

aloshan

night ryda
Dec 7, 2010
Sydney, Australia, Australia
So last night I woke up in a cold sweat....I actually had a BHG nightmare ::bhg::

I remember it all so vividly, I remember seeing my temperature gauge rise to obscene levels ,white smoke billowing out the back, that familiar sweetish smell. I pulled over,the sound of my heart pounding replacing the gurgle of my dying 7m,pulled of the coolant cap and saw the milky substance that makes every 7m owner cringe with horror. I got back in my car,hung my head in shame and the familiar words "shoulda gone jz" echoed in my thoughts....and then I woke up.

WTF? Never had a car related nightmare before....especially not one so technical:icon_conf

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Lol. No reason to have nightmares if you fix it right. ;)

Although when my 7M dies (as it inevitably will because at some point I will purposefully push it to the edge to prove what a stock head gasket can handle) I may be prepared to jump into the 90's and go 2JZ. Either that or take out the 7M for a full on, proper rebuild. We shall see... :)

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
suprarx7nut;1793516 said:

Although when my 7M dies (as it inevitably will because at some point I will purposefully push it to the edge to prove what a stock head gasket can handle) I may be prepared to jump into the 90's and go 2JZ. Either that or take out the 7M for a full on, proper rebuild. We shall see... :)

Im on a stock head gasket as well my friend with ARP studs.

And now i am gonna be pushing her 60-1 on 17psi full BPU on pump gas :)

PureDrifter

VIP Cruisin'...
Aug 11, 2009
CA
www.clublexus.com
bought mine with BHG that it had been sitting with for a year or so, fixed the bhg with quality stuff and arp studs (milled head ofc) and it was great...at first. <6 months later the bottom end gave out (rod/crank bearings) due to what i suspect was fatal oil contamination from the bhg (even though i had flushed the oil out 3-4 times right after i got it fixed...

oh well, swap time :)

now my nightmares revolve around wiring the swap >.<

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
PureDrifter;1793530 said:
bought mine with BHG that it had been sitting with for a year or so, fixed the bhg with quality stuff and arp studs (milled head ofc) and it was great...at first. <6 months later the bottom end gave out (rod/crank bearings) due to what i suspect was fatal oil contamination from the bhg (even though i had flushed the oil out 3-4 times right after i got it fixed...

oh well, swap time :)

now my nightmares revolve around wiring the swap >.<

I was lucky enough to avoid rod knock after. 5 oil changes since and going strong

aloshan

night ryda
Dec 7, 2010
Sydney, Australia, Australia
suprarx7nut;1793516 said:

I skimmed the head and decked the block. MHG with arp studs/bolts. Did everything I could to prevent a BHG. If this 7m does let go its 1j or 2j all the way.
Suprapowaz!(2);1793526 said:
I had that same dream not too long ago. I've been through it twice before. Have you experienced a BHG yet?

No I havn&#8217;t , I experienced rod knock first and when it came to rebuilding my 7m I dumped a lot of money to make sure it was built properly the first time. So far so good&#8230;..

jake8790

Life's too short for N/A
Dec 18, 2011
Oregon
There's no reason for it to happen as long as you fixed it right, are running safe a/f ratio, boost, and a decent cooling system.