BHG Denial

jgcable

Jul 26, 2008
Milford, CT
Did anybody ever start a thread regarding BHG Denial?? You know.. the person posting that their car is overheating or blowing steam out of the vents or the mystery coolant dissapearing or temperature fluctuations or the birdcage light coming on etc....
Because of what I call "BHGD", owners have been ripping their entire cars apart and posting multiple times asking the same questions over and over again trying anything to avoid the obvious.
I'll tell it straight up:
If you have a MKIII Supra and the head gasket has not been replaced correctly... and you are experiencing any of the above symtoms.. you most likely have a BHG. It may be minor.. but it will get major. Trust me on this.

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
bahah. I am the mk2 BHG queen. I know them when they start. Like this last time on my freshly built 6M, the moment it faltered, I KNEW it was BHG. Ugh. I went through the motions though, and checked the plug wires and timing belt, to make sure I wasn't overreacting.

Sure as hell I wasn't.

And when I blow a head gasket, I blow it DAMN GOOD.

p1291897_1.jpg

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
Couldn't resist!;)

...my apologies for the man-behavior. I'll blame it on the beer and your avatar. Just ASKING for a little trouble, aren't yeh?:biglaugh:

Rest well.

-crisp

supraken

Jun 24, 2008
pensacola, FL
lol, your talking about me i was the one that posted it and yes i knew it was a BHG and yes i was i denial, only because it dident feel like a BHG because i could still drive on it with almost none of the typical signs of a BHG. That being said, today it gave and in and im going to try to do the job this weekend with the help of about 5 other people the only problem is getting parts in quickly. I dont know if doing the job in one weekend is possible but im certainly going to try. Wish me luck.

P.S.: i find it hilarious that this thread got started and now a new psychological state has been discovered, BHGD ::focl::

jgcable

Jul 26, 2008
Milford, CT
supraken;1292599 said:
lol, your talking about me i was the one that posted it and yes i knew it was a BHG and yes i was i denial, only because it dident feel like a BHG because i could still drive on it with almost none of the typical signs of a BHG. That being said, today it gave and in and im going to try to do the job this weekend with the help of about 5 other people the only problem is getting parts in quickly. I dont know if doing the job in one weekend is possible but im certainly going to try. Wish me luck.

P.S.: i find it hilarious that this thread got started and now a new psychological state has been discovered, BHGD ::focl::

I exposed myself too. I was in BHGD for almost 9 months!!!