better route lower rad hose found!

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
thanks to x-man for this.

on the 86.5-88 the lower radiator hose makes a fairly straight route from the housing to the radiator. on the 89+ they were redesigned and make all sorts of bends and angles. not only does it have further to travel, but can get in the way of making ic piping, esp when using 3" if you walk into the parts store and ask for an 86-88 hose it now looks like the 89+. however, napa still makes a hose part number 7777 that works. buddy went to the local napa today and it is listed for a celica.
the only mods that were required was a slight trimming of the length. however this may be due to the fact i have a pwr radiator. there is only ~1/8" clearance from the ps bracket. sean has ran his like this and hadnt had a problem. however on mine the bracket was convinced to have 3/8" clearance.

here is the pic mounted on my car. once the new one comes in i'll try to get some side by side pics of the stock 89+ hose vs the 7777 hose along w/ some more mounting pics.

this may be old news to some, but the first i had heard of it. i have heard the mkiv lower hose fits as well, but havent confirmed yet.

dave

turboic3.jpg

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Samco hoses fit with trimming and they're for a 1JZ.
So this 7777 hose just makes a 90* turn and heads for the radiator?

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
supra90turbo said:
Samco hoses fit with trimming and they're for a 1JZ.
So this 7777 hose just makes a 90* turn and heads for the radiator?

yes ive heard of the samco fitting and had considered that. however, this is a little cheaper at $17.

some other info- it appears this hose is for the 5m motor actually. sean had gotten one by mistake and since it fit like it was supposed to didnt know the difference. apparently all the pre89 still make the loops? can any one confirm? i dont have a lot of exp w/ pre89 cars.

thanks lagged!

IHI-RHC7

"The Boss"
Apr 1, 2005
Oregon
Yep, pre 89 makes the loop, we run 2.5 hardpipes from the turbo to the IC with no interferance, that looks great though!

X-man

Dec 5, 2005
Pulaski,Va
Napa's 7777 part numbered bottom radiator hose is for an 86 Celica/Supra with a 2.8 L 5m-ge. I have also done 2.5 inch IC piping with the stock hose but this on certainly makes things less cluttered and Dave and I don't run IC pipe that small.

Last edited:

ILikeCarsYesIDo

Permanently Banned
Nov 26, 2007
Hayward, CA
This thread is AGES old, but I'm going to add into it anyway.

Has anyone else tried the 7777 hose? I am looking to go into NAPA today and may get one to put on.

montego6500

Apr 25, 2007
Burlington, Wisconsin, United States
some other info- it appears this hose is for the 5m motor actually. sean had gotten one by mistake and since it fit like it was supposed to didnt know the difference. apparently all the pre89 still make the loops? can any one confirm? i dont have a lot of exp w/ pre89 cars.

yep mine is an 88 it has the loop