Best Source for Subframe Bushings?

supradjza80

Mr. Formula SAE
Apr 24, 2007
Appleton, WI
www.uwracing.com
My rear subframe was somewhat rusty and I found that it was cracked as well. Therefore I am replacing it with a used southern subframe but I would like to replace the rear subframe bushings. I thought this might be a good thread to post the different sources and pricing for front and rear subframe bushings. Please include a link to some of the options out there if possible.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
toyota bushings are no longer available. How fast do you need the bushings? I've got brand new (ok, 2000 mile) front ones (4) in my cracked subframe that I don't need. The subframe however is still in the car. And it's -20 outside.

supradjza80

Mr. Formula SAE
Apr 24, 2007
Appleton, WI
www.uwracing.com
I thought the Toyota ones were still available for 89-92 cars just not 86-88. According to Curt@Elmhurst they did change at least in part numbers from what I have seen. I was just hoping for something that doesn't have to come from Australia/New Zealand and is stiffer then Stock. But if Ronnie K is the only option then that is what I may have to do.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
Unless you want to manufacture your own, chances are you'll need to buy from RonnieK if you want stiffer than stock. Bonus feature of his, they incorporate the spacers as well.

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
It's definitely expensive, but were the OE ones (when still available) any cheaper I wonder? I would guess not, but I have no idea.

supradjza80

Mr. Formula SAE
Apr 24, 2007
Appleton, WI
www.uwracing.com
No the OE ones were about the same price. ~60$ each. The poly bushings should really be quite a bit cheaper than an OEM style bushings. Price out OEM control arm bushings compared to Energy suspension's bushings for example. Just the upper front control arm bushings are more from toyota then the full energy kit for all of the front bushings.

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
Interesting.. I am aware of the disparity in price on other bushings as I have bought both OE and ES, just wasn't sure about the subframe ones.

If that's true, then perhaps something or someone should change that.

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
^planning to do the same.
Anybody done this? I have seen a set or two in the FS section that another member did. Never got a PM response though..

I also looked into making molds out of really soft poly using the original bushing and top hats. Shouldnt be that hard and then I can pour as many as I want... crush sleeves would have to be sorted out though. Good think is there should not be any rotational forces on these.

Anybody filled their own? Sucks that ES wont make this. The Ronnie K option is just hurtful on ship times and pricing.

AnubisMK3

Jul 31, 2012
Milwaukee
Again here I see opportunity, I have a great machinest in the family and he has his own lathe, being that I was in the plastics industry for years I'll look into replicating the subframe bushings in a hdpe (high density poly) or a uhmwpe (ultra high molecular weight poly) Come spring i'll pick up a set and see how the copies play over the summer.

ga70tt

Feb 1, 2012
brisbane
SuperPro will be producing the rear subframe and all suspension arm bushes over the next couple of months...

that being said is still EX Australia however will hopefully be a much quicker turnaround compared to Ronnie K

They will be available via 1Supra Performance & Apparel and you can see pictures of them test fitted into a subframe on our facebook page...

supradjza80

Mr. Formula SAE
Apr 24, 2007
Appleton, WI
www.uwracing.com
Bushings look nice. If I could find an aftermarket option for 150 or less I would buy them. For now, and since I want to get the car back together asap I will be filling my sub frame bushings with 3M Window Weld.

ga70tt

Feb 1, 2012
brisbane
Yeah i couldnt comment on the final cost at the moment but will be doing a group buy pricing on them all the time when a full kit is ordered

for a front only kit or rear only kit ill still do deals but wont be as much of a saving

then for just the 6 rear subframe bushes ill try my best to make it a good price

ga70tt

Feb 1, 2012
brisbane
Got our test set of the subframe to chassis mounting bushes today...

p1900990_1.jpg

p1900990_2.jpg

p1900990_3.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

p1900990_4.jpg

should hopefully get them in our a70 over the next couple of weeks and do some testing :D

hopefully ill have pricing on them early jan...

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
why did you keep the outside shell? what about the top hats that most people replace with metal/urethane inserts?