Best lowering springs with front lip?

Zrain25

Sep 30, 2012
Pelham,New Hampshire
I got a shine auto b2 hole lip. I'm gun a put it on after I get new springs. What would be the best springs to use with a lip I don't want it to get ripped off the first time I drive it. Andy autosport sells apex springs that drop 1.2 inches I was looking at those or b&g springs

Thanks guys

scottiedawg66

Apr 1, 2005
Bay Area Ca
In my opinion it is less about ride height and more about your driving and road conditions in your area. If you learn to take bumps and driveways at 45 degrees, watch out for crap in the road, and have good roads go as low as you want. I have less than 4" of clearance under my lip and the only time I have damaged it was in a parking lot with a stupid parking stop that was crooked that I didnt see.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Well said Scottie. I live in an interesting area when it comes to having a low car. You just tend to learn to be more aware of your surroundings, as well as where you can and cannot easily drive to/from. Mostly only a problem in road to parking lot transitions in my experience.

Something to keep in mind... if it makes you think about it more than twice, it never hurts to try finding another way. ;)

As far as the spring option itself, in this regard, coilovers are hard to beat.

Zrain25

Sep 30, 2012
Pelham,New Hampshire
Ya I have a big hump at the begging of my drive way it sucks between the supra rubbing on it and the cutting edge of my plow tripping on it every time I'm ready to take a pick axe to it

If I go sideways and very slow I won't rub but it's a pain

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Zrain25;1903404 said:
Ya I have a big hump at the beginning of my drive way it sucks between the supra rubbing on it and the cutting edge of my plow tripping on it every time I'm ready to take a pick axe to it

Welcome to "how to live with a lowered car 101" sir, that's just what you have to do. Either live with it and drive slow over bumps, or set your suspension up a bit higher so you don't have to. :)

tyang82;1903420 said:
Is that a bumpy ride?
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the Blue Tokicos are a bit softer, more like the OEM setup? I know the Yellows can be a bit stiff if set on one of their harder settings...

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Zrain25;1903404 said:
Ya I have a big hump at the beginning of my drive way it sucks between the supra rubbing on it and the cutting edge of my plow tripping on it every time I'm ready to take a pick axe to it

Welcome to "how to live with a lowered car 101" sir, that's just what you have to do. Either live with it and drive slow over bumps, or set your suspension up a bit higher so you don't have to. :)

tyang82;1903420 said:
Is that a bumpy ride?
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the Blue Tokicos are a bit softer, more like the OEM setup? I know the Yellows can be a bit stiff if set on one of their harder settings...

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Zrain25;1903404 said:

tyang82;1903420 said:
Is that a bumpy ride?

scottiedawg66

Apr 1, 2005
Bay Area Ca
Zrain25;1903404 said:
Ya I have a big hump at the begging of my drive way it sucks between the supra rubbing on it and the cutting edge of my plow tripping on it every time I'm ready to take a pick axe to it

life is a compromise. since my car is not a daily and I really enjoy the lip and stance, it is worth it to drive slowly, take things at an angle, and sometimes go the long way. if my car was a daily I would not have my lip on there.

Zrain25

Sep 30, 2012
Pelham,New Hampshire
This car will not be a dd so that is why I'm lowering it and putting a lip. I agree the lips look nice . I'm gunna just live with it. I'm putting b&g springs in when it gets back from the painter