benefits to electric fans?

877m

Feb 10, 2009
Lewiston, NY
old skool;1315078 said:
thinking bout doing this, is there anything i should look out for or is it completely unnecessary?
thanks!

i did it to my supra it saves ya a little weight also your supposed to pick up some power form getting rid of that heavy fan it also cleans up the engine bay and it makes it easier to work on because the fan is out of you way. the only problem i had was the little solenoid for the thermo switch got to hot so i had to move it it was in the fuse box then i moved it right ouside of it and i have had no problems since i am a believer of this mod

old skool

Apr 17, 2009
Milwaukee
IJ - sorry, yeah i was talking about just using electric fans and taking out the stocker

877m - no overheating problems in rush hour scenarios?

sneakypete

Jul 18, 2007
Central NJ
im running efans. no problems here. in fact cooling is just as good or better. make sure you have a good shroud to go with the fans
-pete

877m

Feb 10, 2009
Lewiston, NY
old skool;1315094 said:
IJ - sorry, yeah i was talking about just using electric fans and taking out the stocker

877m - no overheating problems in rush hour scenarios?

no they work fine it gets warm olny when i am driving it really hard and once in a while when i am curusing around in 2nd or 3rd gear in 3500 rpms thats only on a really hot day though the olny annoying part is i all ways have people tell me i left my car running because mine stay on after the car is off till it goes down to the set temp i dont remember what it is off the top of my head though

old skool

Apr 17, 2009
Milwaukee
thank you guys very much for the great input, is there a particualr CFM range that is ideal? also, does this in anyway affect EGT and if not, what can potentially lower it? Although 1,300-1,400 degrees is avg hwy cruising temp, that's still something i would like to reduce if at all possible.
Thanks again!

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Not a whole lot of benefits as replacing the stock system is cheaper than properly installed e-fans...

really up to you, but I like the KISS principal...

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
877m;1316049 said:
no they work fine it gets warm olny when i am driving it really hard and once in a while when i am curusing around in 2nd or 3rd gear in 3500 rpms thats only on a really hot day though the olny annoying part is i all ways have people tell me i left my car running because mine stay on after the car is off till it goes down to the set temp i dont remember what it is off the top of my head though

How about rush hour with the AC on?