Been having an intermitant idle problem

mickgarvey

Jul 5, 2009
Mukilteo, Wa
Every now and then, not on the initial start of the day, turn the key and it will Idle very rough. It will start below 700 and drop in a few seconds sputtering until it stalls. This is a low mileage engine in great shape and runs wonderfully.

If I put my foot on the gas and keep the rpms up it will take a few seconds but will make it idle normal again.

Could a tps not adjusted properly be the culprit? This si what Ive been told anyway.

Failure14

Banned
May 29, 2009
Ohio
Check for codes by TSRM,

Mine did the exact same thing, but all i did was replace
the ISC and it ran perfect.

To check and see if its working properly, turn your car on, then turn it
off and you should hear a little click right after you turn it off from the engine.

If you dont hear that then check and see if its stuck, if its not stuck, get a new one.
Got mine for $5 off here.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
mickgarvey;1518996 said:
Every now and then, not on the initial start of the day, turn the key and it will Idle very rough. It will start below 700 and drop in a few seconds sputtering until it stalls. This is a low mileage engine in great shape and runs wonderfully.

If I put my foot on the gas and keep the rpms up it will take a few seconds but will make it idle normal again.

Could a tps not adjusted properly be the culprit? This si what Ive been told anyway.
Yes it could.

mickgarvey

Jul 5, 2009
Mukilteo, Wa
Yeah my old isc wasnt working so I bought another off someone with an engine with lower miles. Guess Ill take it off and clean it up make sure its working right its just a pita to take it off. I want to adjust the tps too, tried it befor and it was annoying fitting a feeler gauge back behind the throttle I dont think I got it adjusted to well.