Battery ?

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
I had to get a new battery recently, mine was only a year and 8 months old, however I had corroded terminals, after I fixed those and put in a new battery its fine for now but my Flex a lite fans keep popping the fuse going to them, not sure if its something in the relay, wiring, fuse holder or if the fans themselves are bad, going to replace all the components and rewire it with a little better routing and protection see if it solves it.

If not getting new fans I guess.

Batteries suck ass and I agree the last couple of years they have gone way down in quality, thats probably since everythings made in china, mexico, and various other shitastic countries.

got_boosted

I need a turbo! >:(
Mar 3, 2006
Sacramento, CA
Battery quality has been going down, yes, but I have yet to own a Supra with the factory anti-theft system still functional that will sit over a month without killing the battery. Mine with my "light-weight" dry cell only lasts a couple of weeks before it gets weak.

Collin

Emik87t

GameOver
May 30, 2007
Iowa
I'll run a test and see what I'm getting, thanks for the info and I figured someone else had to be killing a battery. Although I do disconnect both negative and positive for winter storage.

got_boosted

I need a turbo! >:(
Mar 3, 2006
Sacramento, CA
Emik87t;1126218 said:
I'll run a test and see what I'm getting, thanks for the info and I figured someone else had to be killing a battery. Although I do disconnect both negative and positive for winter storage.

Get a battery tender. You save a lot of money and trouble in the long run.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
SWD Fredester 3;1123329 said:
I'm relocating mine to the spare tire well so I can fit a FFIM. Vent thru well
drain, external kill switch @ rear license plate, inside kill switch where the
TEMS controller used to be. I have an Optima now, new in Jan. '08 and
presently suspect. Thinking of trying a CF 21lb. Braile and using a trickle
charger when the car sits. Any thoughts on the choice of a Braile?

you need a sealed box that is vented to pass tech. A venting tube for just an uncovered battery won't cut it.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
figgie;1126361 said:
you need a sealed box that is vented to pass tech. A venting tube for just an uncovered battery won't cut it.

Learn it, and then go to summit racing to see what an NHRA battery box looks like.