battery ground out... loss in power

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
i was criusing down the highway and my battery slid over and the positive terminal touched my bov and ground and shorted out the battery.. i custom made a temp cooling pipe with flex pipe and it was touching my frame which is why this was the only time this has happened, the grounding wire from the battery to a ground beneath the igniter was fried, and i lost power to my stereo for a couple seconds and it came back on with static noise.
i pulled over sorted everything out and went back on the highway towards home but the car was lacking horsepower and had a different exhaust tone. my a/f ratio looked good.
what could be the cause of the lack of power? im tempted to sell this thing and start from scratch.

Maple191

Mar 21, 2012
Toronto
First off dont be cheap next time and invest in a battery tie down. Secound, even if you do sell it, they dont get any easier as they get older. And Third you deffantly blew some fuses or fryed a relay/wiring.

Replace what is noticeable first. Like you mentioned the ground strap. You'd be supprised what can happen with out it.

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
I'm praying this is why I lost my horses
uploadfromtaptalk1346632633196.jpg

It turned into an N/A :rolleyes:

Pretty gnarly 12 volts could arc all along a ring of flex pipe of cut it in half.

Im pretty lucky that's all it did and didn't decide to fry a piece of harness. Maybe this car does love me :D

Sent From My HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
Maple191;1871581 said:
First off dont be cheap next time and invest in a battery tie down. Secound, even if you do sell it, they dont get any easier as they get older. And Third you deffantly blew some fuses or fryed a relay/wiring.

Replace what is noticeable first. Like you mentioned the ground strap. You'd be supprised what can happen with out it.

I have a big battery and it doesn't really slide. I just had a pipe that was closer to the positive terminal and it punked my ass. And btw I'm not cheap. I spend way to much on my car. I just haven't worked up a tie down :p

Sent From My HTC One S using Tapatalk 2