Bars 1 step head gasket fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

88MK3.

Ok I've got a blown head gasket I've got some bars in it and it stopped the smoking but does any one know how long it last? It advertises as permanent but Im only keeling it in till I can do the head gasket job. Has any one used it and had it hold a while?

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Lima, Ohio, United States
Tell me you did not pour that in your engine...that doesnt fix ANYTHING. it makes it worse. STOP driving the car, and get to pulling the engine. The more you drive it, the worse it will be. That stuff can turn to concrete in blocks, almost impossible to get out if it does.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
You'll be lucky if it holds at all, doubly so if it's a turbo car. Also, the mess it will make of your water jacket, turbo (if it's still water cooled) and radiator makes it completely a waste of time and money IMO.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
lol.. I was going to reply and then didnt because I didn't want to sound silly...
My first thought when I read this was.... "you did what???"

fyi to the OP... of all the engines I have had the pleasure of pushing around on the planet... the 7M is the fussiest when it comes to headgaskets. Do it right.. you'll love the car (and be broke most likely). Do it wrong (or add bars) and you may as well sell the car.

88MK3.

Well I'm bout to just swap the engine, I just had to use the crap to get it home, befor I even used it I looked it up very thuraly and know a few ppl who have used it on other cars and it help fine. One of them have 10,000 miles on it. I just need to know if any ones used it on a 7m and it hold a few weeks at the least to finish the engine to swap it.

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Lima, Ohio, United States
88MK3.;1880163 said:
Well I'm bout to just swap the engine, I just had to use the crap to get it home, befor I even used it I looked it up very thuraly and know a few ppl who have used it on other cars and it help fine. One of them have 10,000 miles on it. I just need to know if any ones used it on a 7m and it hold a few weeks at the least to finish the engine to swap it.

You believe everything you read on the internet?

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
I'm closing this thread as the OP obviously only wants people to tell him this is an OK idea, and, based upon what I know of the knowledge level on this forum, most of us are going to tell him this is not a good idea.

This is simply a flamewar waiting to happen.

p1880571_1.jpg

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.