Bar Legal?

Eric_Odie

Apr 17, 2005
Fremont, Ca.
www.cardomain.com
i know i saw the answer to my question being discussed but not fully answered before, and now i can't seem to find the thread. well sorry for asking again, but is it possible to have the 1JZ swap done, and pass the California Bar Legal stuff?

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
Eric_Odie said:
i know i saw the answer to my question being discussed but not fully answered before, and now i can't seem to find the thread. well sorry for asking again, but is it possible to have the 1JZ swap done, and pass the California Bar Legal stuff?

No you cannot.
Smog your car, then replace the engine to 1jz..you'll be good for 2 years.
1jz will not pass california Visual at all. unlesss you come accross a shady Smog tech.

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
shady smog tech good:naughty: i look for a place where a young kid is doing inspections.the stickers always seem to make there way onto my window.

Eric_Odie

Apr 17, 2005
Fremont, Ca.
www.cardomain.com
haha move to a different state? =P no thanks haha

i spoke with a Tech that does the Bar Legal Examination in Fremont, Ca. and I was told that if i do a 2JZ and keep it BONE STOCK with all smog equipment, then that engine swap will be legal. But it has to be a USDM 2JZ. same goes for any other USDM engine. That's how the LS1 RX7 guys get bar legal.

i guess the 2JZ will be a way down the line future project =P i'm happy with 250-300WHP from my 7M. WHEN too many miles get on it, and it begins to break down, that'll be my time for the 2jz.

twinturbored90

Sep 7, 2005
Azusa, Ca
www.myspace.com
To shed some light on this. Yes you can swap they USDM 2j into your Mk3. But inorder to pass you have to convert your car to OBD2. It will cost more money and time to convert your Mk3 to OBD2. It would be best to swap out the 7m and change it after the smog test. Check out Socalsupras.com there was a thread not to long ago about it.