bad surprise... broken subframe

QuebecmkIII

Jan 27, 2009
quebec
A new "clunk" sound happen since +-3 weeks and I decided to check what is the fuck this week and...
p1642413_1.jpg

p1642413_2.jpg

:: angry :::: angry :::: angry ::
Fucking bad new. one bault of the differential broke and engender that..
Does somebody know if that can be welded? ( I supose no... damn)
And how much time (approx.) that can take to change the subframe, take the stuff on my subframe to tranfert it on a new used one and reinstall it after... ( 10 hours??)
thank!:wtc:

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Wow... I bet that looks a LOT worse once you get it off, too. Probably a bunch more cracks / damage that you can't see while it's still on the car.

There's an article on here about how to get the rear subframe off... I'll see if I can dig it out.

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
I'm getting this same error... Maybe just post the thread number(s) and we can search under our own profiles/login...?

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Same error here too sir. Looks like it's time to get some new bushings while you're at it...

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
New link no worky either Grim. Not trying to be unappreciative, just trying to help ya out. ;)

QuebecmkIII

Jan 27, 2009
quebec
slow_yota;1643265 said:
If you removed it, It could be welded pretty easily.
If it were me I'd weld it front and back, Grind it smooth and
reinforce it by welding on a steel plate over the cracked area.
Unless just replacing it with a uncracked one would be easier.

Humm I pretty sure that will take me more time to take all the stuff and transfert it to another subframe, and here a supra 89 subframe that is not rot is pretty rare and costly... I just want to be sure that a welded job will tuff....
I found that link if somebody is interrest http://www.mkiiisupra.net/bbs/showthread.php?t=25053
It's been enough things that I change as I get rid of it anyway.
I have spotted a nice 300ZX TT:naughty: