Back up lights yes or no

Mango

May 17, 2011
Barrie
Hey, I just need a yes or no on this one. My back up lights don't work and I think I know y, I have attached a pic and just want to verify that the yellow wire in the picture should be connected to my back up switch on my tranny. I am 99% sure but before I get down and dirty in tracing it I want a second opinion thanks guys

Attachments

• supra bu light.jpg
    supra bu light.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 34

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
Arrest_me_red;1737060 said:
What ecu is that from? Its hard to tell what connector and what pin that is.

That is a JZA70 ECU 1JZ. Also the plug is the (M1) 87-early '89.

Answer is yes, but also red/ black.

1. Signal backup light switch --------------------------------------------- Red \ Black

2. Positive for backup light switch Plus for Heater water valve VSV --------------- YELLOW

LINK:

http://92tealsupra.webs.com/88turbomtwiring.htm

kneedragger85

Sep 9, 2008
Boulder, CO
92TealSupra;1737061 said:
That is a JZA70 ECU 1JZ. Also the plug is the (M1) 87-early '89.

Answer is yes, but also red/ black.

1. Signal backup light switch --------------------------------------------- Red \ Black

2. Positive for backup light switch Plus for Heater water valve VSV --------------- YELLOW

LINK:

http://92tealsupra.webs.com/88turbomtwiring.htm
It actually appears to be a Soarer ECU with a JZA70 jumper harness. The yellow wire comes from your gauge cluster (via the M1 plug) as it powers nearly everything gauge and rear lights.

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
kneedragger85;1737097 said:
It actually appears to be a Soarer ECU with a JZA70 jumper harness. The yellow wire comes from your gauge cluster (via the M1 plug) as it powers nearly everything gauge and rear lights.

Good call I see that. Not chaser though I am sure, those are annoying to wire up because most import companies keep the dash harness plugs from the ECU in the car.