Auto Window Up & Down

JD7Monster

Jul 6, 2005
Orlando, FL
Im sure if you got an extra driver side switch, and used the Driver switch in the passenger side switch holder thing, you could get it to work the same.
Good luck? if that made sense..

mrnickleye

Love My Daily Driver !
Jun 8, 2005
Mojave Desert, Ca
JD7Monster said:
Im sure if you got an extra driver side switch, and used the Driver switch in the passenger side switch holder thing, you could get it to work the same.
It 'might' work. The plug may be different. Pull them out and check if you can do it. I found out one thing, you can NOT unplug the passenger side wiring (on passenger door) because then neither window works. All the switches had to be plugged in to make either window work.

mrnickleye

Love My Daily Driver !
Jun 8, 2005
Mojave Desert, Ca
JD7Monster said:
Pull yours out and see if the plugs are the same. I found out on mine that you can't unplug the passenger door switch, cause then none of the switches work. They all have to be plugged in.

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
The plugs are WAY not the same. The drivers plug handles both drivers and passenger window switches. The passenger plug only handles the passenger switch. Let's not go into the price (even used) on the drivers window switch. Save yourself the headaches - and extra money - by simply picking up a $40 part. The hardest part is getting a new 12V+ wire into the door.

Remember that this mod will give you one touch auto up/down control of the passenger window from BOTH switches.

Keith

Turkish

Apr 4, 2005
I myself don't like auto up down windows. They piss me off cuz they roll all the way down or up automatically and I usually like the window open a crack or halfway, rarely all the way up or down. I know you can have it up or down any distance with auto up down.