Auto trans question.

rawmk3

Jul 5, 2008
IL
I'm lookin for some info on the auto trans in the supra. Does it use 2 solonoids to control the shifts is the first question. And the next question is does anyone make a pnp push button shifter for the mk3's? I know auto's are not desired at all, but who would be interested in an auto that's more like a manual trans just without a clutch?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Yes, there are two solenoids giving you four positions. 1 on 2 off, 1 off 2 off, etc. The Suprastick is a trans controller. Some here use it. I will probably go with it someday.

rawmk3

Jul 5, 2008
IL
Ok what is the retail on that? We are developing something for dsms currently that will take the place of a shift kit as well as allow push button shifting. About the size of say an afc monitor maybe smaller. Looking to make a very affordable product that has amazing potential. Currently it has taken my stock dsm trans and given me the ability to have solid fast shift with no lag. If anyone in the chicago area has an auto and would like to test something for a supra possibly please pm me. My buddy has developed all this software and hardware I'm testing it and giving feedback. I asked him about developing for the supra community as well and he is interested, so I will see if anyone would like to test this possibly.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
340e is limited to upshifts via paddles/buttons, you can command a downshift but until road speed matches trans speed for the next lower gear it will freewheel.

Mechanical limitation of the trans.

rawmk3

Jul 5, 2008
IL
Same thing for the dsms.. this however is going to completely bypass the tcu to control the solonoids. Now I need to find someone who would want to test this and we have to determine the input of the coils. The idea here is to have a standalone similar to the suprastick however it will be fully adjustable from itself and no laptop required. I don't deal with the technical side of this however, that's the developer, I'm just testing and feed back.

rawmk3

Jul 5, 2008
IL
Just need to determine the solonoid resistence and make any alterations to the current setup to run it on other platforms.